Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What image browsing program do you use?

Re: What image browsing program do you use?

Have you considered Docker for windows, and running the WAMP stack inside that?

Quote Originally Posted by grat View Post
    Have you considered Docker for windows, and running the WAMP stack inside that?
    I'll have a look because I'd like to stick with PHP although I don't now if that's applicable to Docker or not. Trouble is I can't get WAMP to work on my current computer, maybe I need to get someone to have a look at that problem because it's a real pain to have to do all my website dev on live files.
    Rob Gray — Nature Photographer Extraordinaire
    www.robgray.com

Siiman really looks interesting. Not that it appears it can be downloaded or used (?). As for the earlier comments on Photo Mechanic, yes, it HAS gotten slower. I noticed the most dramatic slowdown in the transition from version 5 to 6. I shoot, copy my files to a new folder on a hard drive, then open the new folder in Photo Mechanic and tag what I like and assign various colour codes that I've customized. Then I select what I want to work on and move those images to Capture One, which I found a dramatic improvement over Lightroom for speed and some customizability of watermarking and "process recipes," which are basically export templates. Unfortunately Capture One is quite buggy. . . . Anyhow, for plain ol' JPG image viewing, I've been using XNView for 20 years. It's quite customizable and rather swell.

Quote Originally Posted by DBNYFL View Post
    Siiman really looks interesting. Not that it appears it can be downloaded or used (?). ...
    Nope, it's just a DIY program for my own use. You can have the VB6 code though if you like
    Rob Gray — Nature Photographer Extraordinaire
    www.robgray.com

I own Windows, so generally, I can use any application to edit images, it's not a big deal, and I don't stress hard at their choice. The thing is that some cost money and contain some functions that don't have free applications; that's the worst. I recently learned about a site with free remove background. Sometimes you don't like the sound of the picture you have, and you want to change it that's why I moved to work with remover. Plus the tool is free, and I can use it whenever I want.
    Last edited by tayrolly; 20-Jun-2021 at 03:54.

45er

Quote Originally Posted by GRAYnomad View Post
    I'll have a look because I'd like to stick with PHP although I don't now if that's applicable to Docker or not. Trouble is I can't get WAMP to work on my current computer, maybe I need to get someone to have a look at that problem because it's a real pain to have to do all my website dev on live files.
    Have you tried EasyPHP?

I own Windows, so generally, I can use any application to edit images, it's not a big deal, and I don't stress hard at their choice.