Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Still Life, 2021

Re: Still Life, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    Zeiss Universal Research:

Attachment 220661

Bernice
    Hi Bernice,

nice, a late model with it's larger focussing knobs and the HAL100s...
    What kind of table is this? Never seen such.

Best wishes to you
    Jens

47mm F8 F32 4x5 Norma HP5 by Nokton48, on Flickr

My widest LF lens, the chrome 47mm F8 Super Angulon in Compur shutter. Mounted on an original Sinar Norma Recessed Lensboard. Tim Kelly lighting, extreme close-up, lens less than a foot away from my test target. Three Broncolor Pulso C171 Monolights plus fill panel, HP5+ 4x5 (in Linhof Plate Holder) D:23 1;1 in 8x10 Unicolor Unidrum and Uniroller. 8x10 4X print Arista #2 RC Multigrade dev Omega DII laser aligned 180 black Rodagon Omegalite Diffusion Head

In close up mode this lens -almost- covers 4x5. You can see that in the four corners of this shot

BTW I picked up my stand-in "model" and the plant base at the local IKEA store. The base is "Rubbermaid Studio". Seemed appropriate to me The canvas background was hand painted by Artist James Bright
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Found an 8x10 film holder dated August 26, 2021, and this is what was waiting for me.
    Photograph made on @ilfordphoto Delta 100 with the 8x10 Deardorff and 15” Lerebours et Secretan Petzval lens. Film processed in Divided D-23.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post

Found an 8x10 film holder dated August 26, 2021, and this is what was waiting for me.
    Photograph made on @ilfordphoto Delta 100 with the 8x10 Deardorff and 15” Lerebours et Secretan Petzval lens. Film processed in Divided D-23.
    So this image just made itself and laying on your desk for you to find months later? That happens to me all the time too!

We need to put down these old lenses saying they are horrible! So horrible!! That way, the prices of these things go through the roof in 2022!
    --

Quote Originally Posted by ericantonio View Post
    So this image just made itself and laying on your desk for you to find months later? That happens to me all the time too!

We need to put down these old lenses saying they are horrible! So horrible!! That way, the prices of these things go through the roof in 2022!
    Its actually very rare for me to set aside a film holder and leave its contents unprocessed for more than a couple of days. But this time it was a pleasant surprise, finding this!

And yes, these lenses are the worst. This 15" f5.0 Lerebours et Secretan is undoubtedly the worst lens I have ever used. *sarcasm* It was my Xmas present in 2017, and it cost over 2K at that time. I don't know why I don't just chuck it out, honestly. Horrible barely begins to describe it.

Wow! I wonder if I will ever find a photo like this one in my film holders. lol

Quote Originally Posted by T.Chabry View Post
    Wow! I wonder if I will ever find a photo like this one in my film holders. lol
    Send me a film holder - I can make that happen for you! LOL

Love that image ^ paulbarden. What a happy surprise. I'll send you two holders if they come back looking like that :-)

Quote Originally Posted by cgratham View Post
    Love that image ^ paulbarden. What a happy surprise. I'll send you two holders if they come back looking like that :-)
    Thank you. I was pleasantly surprised too. I don't remember much about making that photograph, honestly!

beautiful picture! it's so easy in this format to make a momento mori pictures in Still Life, it's just a good combination
    but this is so much different! instead of "we all gonna die" momento mori feeling I can feel from it endless life- blooming that never end.
    Just beautiful, I love it so much