Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings from D.C.

Re: Greetings from D.C.

hah! I've spent quite a bit of time during covid playing with light and macro shots in smaller formats... even went so far as getting a whole macro setup for my screw mount Leica, and a microscope adapter for it as well. I don't know about shooting LF for "yucks", seems a bit pricey to do!

Welcome to the forum from a fellow D.C. photographer! You'll find this forum invaluable.

-Joshua

Quote Originally Posted by kville79 View Post
    Black and White with natural light for my first few frames. I intend to take my Nikon F and shoot the same shot with 35mm at comparable apertures and focal lengths and do a comparison to see how much of a difference it makes. Would do it with MF too, but right now all my medium formats are TLR's with a fixed focal length, so it wouldn't be a true comparison
    The difference will, I think be noticeable, even with finer-grained ISO 100 films, at enlargement of 8x10 and higher, keeping in mind that variables such as the different lens characteristics will apply. Tmax and Delta 100 are remarkably fine-grained. Shooting an ISO 400 film will make the case for 4x5 tonal quality clearly. Note that there is also a format difference respecting the rectangle's ratio of sides. I find 4x5 wonderful for portraiture, while the 35mm rectangle is almost always narrow.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/