Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fujinon 90mm/f5.6 SWD rear element doesn't fit on a Wista 45SP - alternatives?

Re: Fujinon 90mm/f5.6 SWD rear element doesn't fit on a Wista 45SP - alternatives?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ron View Post
    i just put the rear cell in through the back after i mount the lens board on the camera. pita but the lens is so nice i dont really mind the extra step.
    I've been doing this on my Speed Graphic with the same lens, but I grew tired of the whole operation, especially when I tend to change lenses often. (not into hiking, mostly portraits and urban landscapes)

Kumar has a hands-on solution on the inner plate hole :
    Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post
    If your lens doesn't fit the front frame, please see this post:
    https://www.largeformatphotography.i...-Boards-to-fit

Re: Fujinon 90mm/f5.6 SWD rear element doesn't fit on a Wista 45SP - alternatives?

The Wista wide angle bellows can be used with a 90mm lens on a flat board. A 75mm lens could probably be used with a recessed board. It extends to ~185mm, so a 180mm lens can be used at infinity. The wire frames on the bellows are a bit larger than the opening in the body, so the camera cannot be closed with the w.a. bellows in place. On the 45D and SP, since the bellows are inserted from the rear, it needs to be done carefully to avoid damage. The opening is ~83mm.

Kumar

Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post
    The Wista wide angle bellows can be used with a 90mm lens on a flat board. A 75mm lens could probably be used with a recessed board. It extends to ~185mm, so a 180mm lens can be used at infinity. The wire frames on the bellows are a bit larger than the opening in the body, so the camera cannot be closed with the w.a. bellows in place. On the 45D and SP, since the bellows are inserted from the rear, it needs to be done carefully to avoid damage. The opening is ~83mm.

Kumar
    There were two different Wista WA bellows available at the same time. One required a special lens board, the other didn’t.

Actually, both types of bellows could be used without the special lens board. The one that allowed the use of the special lens board had a threaded ring to accommodate the board.

Kumar