Thread: Book: Workshop Stories: changed through photography

Book: Workshop Stories: changed through photography

Workshop Stories: changed through photography is being printing and I have a small part in it. It is a collection of (photography) workshop stories...an interesting, informative, or curious story from each of a hundred or so of us, along with one of our images. It also has several essays.

The book is designed and edited by Elizabeth Opalenik, an incredible teacher herself.

The link is to the book's website...on the site there is an audio/visual video of which my voice embarrassingly appears for a very brief time, some sample pages also, and purchase info, if interested.

https://www.workshopstories.com/
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Les

Re: Book: Workshop Stories: changed through photography

Hmmm, do recognize David Lyman in the end of the portrait. I had lots of respect for the Workshops, but never enough cashola to get out to Maine to actually do it. Sooo, instead I had a chance to participate in the ones in Carmel Valley and Ojai - amazing. It took me like 3 weeks to decompress from it :>).

How did you participate within the organization ?

Les

Very good video

Very interesting images in it

We seldom see images on this forum as interesting

I will buy

payday
    Tin Can

Friends of Photography, Carmel -- I received scholarships to attend two FoP workshops (two years in a row). I got my scholarship application back from FoP and someone had written on the back..."How can someone live on $11,000 a year?" This was a few decades ago and money went a little further -- especially if one did not live in the Bay Area. Anyway, since they were giving me scholarships, I made a point of helping out during the workshops when any help appeared to be needed.. They seemed to like that and invited me to be an assistant the next year...and I was an assistant for several years until they stopped operating.

Typically, the assistants and any hardy students would hang out until the early hours, talking, sharing work, photographing, whatever...then I would be up at 5:30am to meet people at 6am for an optional morning photo session somewhere, back by 8 for breakfast and the workshop day.

I have given my own workshops and now through the Ansel Adams Gallery in Yosemite. My workshops are now process-based, usually carbon printing.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

The book is shipped.

It is available through Freestyle until the edition sells out.

https://www.freestylephoto.biz/46182...d-by-Elizabeth

It is probably available through Elizabeth herself at; workshopstories2020@gmail.com

A nice book, interesting photographs and stories, well produced. Make me wish I had taken or given workshops...