Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's almost here!!!

It's almost here!!!

Darr,

Let us know how you like the Cooke portrait lens - inquiring minds want to know.

My Ebony screen also doesn't s**k. In fact, I had a Maxwell and went back to the Ebony screen. The Maxwell was brighter and the fresnel lines less prominent, but it did not "pop" into focus as the Ebony screen does. It was easier to focus with the Ebony screen, especially in low contrast and low-light situations.

Steve

It's almost here!!!

No need to apologize for that, Darr

Either way, it should be shipping today!!!

I don't know what shipping method though, so I don't know when it will be here. It took the film holder a bit less than a week via UPS Ground. (I wasn't really all that keen on rushing the film holder before the camera shipped. )

I guess I'll just have to see for myself what the groundglass looks like when I get it... though it probably won't tell me much until I get my first lens

It's almost here!!!

"Let us know how you like the Cooke portrait lens - inquiring minds want to know."

I will certainly let you know! I ordered it in December and Jeff said it would not be too long of a wait. I have lots of patience waiting for quality items, but I will give Jeff a hello via e-mail pretty soon.

It's almost here!!!

Darr

If you are half as happy with the Cooke Portrait lens as I am with my Cooke XVa for 8x10, you will be dancing with "happy feet." Cooke Optics makes amazing glass.

It's almost here!!!

I was able to do a direct comparison of Ebony vs Maxwell screens using identical cameras with identical lenses. While Ebony's screen is indeed excellent, I have a slight preference for Maxwell. The latter is less coarse and more evenly illuminated with a less-pronounced hotspot. It's also slightly brighter overall, perhaps by 10%.

Steve, I'm surprised that you returned your Maxwell screen. Were you using his "hi-lux" model in the "all-purpose" version (i.e. not the version that's intended only to be used with wide lenses)?

Regards,
    Danny www.dannyburk.com
    Visit www.dannyburk.com for fine photography galleries, drum scanning, instructional workshops and Photoshop tutorial, tips and more

It's almost here!!!

Walter: I LOVE having happy feet. Thanks!