Thread: Hello from Romania

Hello from Romania

Hello. My name is Ştefan (Shtefan, Steven, Stephen) and I'm from Romania. I'm passioned about fotography since I was a kid. I had some kind of fascination for large format cameras up around the age of 13. In a park from Bucharest it was an old man who had a folding large format camera which he used to take pictures of people who wanted to have a pictures (I don't think he had many customers).
    For a lot of time I was only compact cameras. Because "why if you do have everything at a touch of a button to complicate with other things" (meaning make manual set-ups at S.L.R. cameras - my dad had one- my parents are divorced for a long time). That's up untill around year 2002, when I got my 1st more serious camera, a 1961 Soviet made "Zorki" 4... (rangefinder camera); it gave me another view over photography. I did still used for some times the compact camera, because I dind't have a separat flash unit.
    The most annoing event with a compact camera and a flash: a museum event, when I took pictures from a few meters away, no much light, so dark pictures... otherwise I did get images.

Currently I don't own any medium or large format camera thah I can use. I do have a box (compact) camera for medium format, but as I sayed, I'm done with film compact camera
    s.
    This is my stroy in short.With one last mention: I do like a lot of things older then me (I'm 38 years, 1 month and 3 days old).

Re: Hello from Romania

Welcome!
    Tin Can

Welcome. You'll find the world of large format alive and well here, with everyone from experts to newcomers, and including individuals with an astonishing range of knowledge and skills. And, a great deal of very fine work! It's a pretty active place.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

A very happy welcome to the forum.

Welcome aboard!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Les

Welcome to the LF forum.

Welcome again to this group. Wonderful, smart, helpful, above average in looks and skill.
    Principal Unix System Engineer, Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems