16 10.32%
  • Portland, OR

46 29.68%
  • Albuquerque/Santa Fe, NM

23 14.84%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: View Camera conference

View Camera conference

Bellingham, WAshington is located 1/2 way between Seattle, USA and Vancouver, Canada. Close to the sea, the Cascade mountains, lakes, streams, water falls, inland sea islands, ferries, great beaches, great sunsets, great people, safe place to travel and to photograph. Completely different from the southwest and did I mention, a great place to photograph.

So my vote for the next LF conference is in Bellingham. Of course I just happen to live here . . . . . . . . . .

Kreig

View Camera conference

Put my vote in for Bellingham as well. I grew up there, and lodging isn't that expensive.

Actually, either Bellingham or Portland would be work for me.

View Camera conference

What I MEANT to say was: Bellingham or Portland would work for me.

View Camera conference

Consider airfare as well - Chicago works for that, although you still have to rent a car. I think you should think about New Orleans - we are pretty much back in busines, esp. for small groups. Lots of interesting things to take pictures of, including good field trips to old plantation houses.

View Camera conference

There is a direct bus from O'Hare to the hotel. It is a one hour trip.

steve simmons

View Camera conference

Personally, I'm happy to see the conference in the midwest. It's not terribly far and I can drive and bring my camera. Having it on either coast is a plane trip and I'm not ready to pack an Ansco 8x10 plus lenses and accessories into a suitcase.

View Camera conference

Happy for all that can make the conference. I'm by the Florida Keys and can't travel far in June. Maybe Miami, Orlando, or Key West will be in the future? Have fun ;o)

View Camera conference

Large Format Photography Conference Free Trade Show

Remember the Trade Show is free and open to the public. Registration for the Conference is NOT required. There are still one or two possible vendors that may join the list but,for now it is reasonably complete.

The Exhibitors/Vendors by category include:

Manufacturers of cameras,lenses, accessories, etc: Arca-Swiss, Bergger Products, Better Light, Cooke Optics, Eastman Kodak, Fuji, Ilford, Lee Filters, MAC Group (Toyo), Ries, Tim Guetersloh.

US Distributers/Retailers: Badger Graphic Sales, Bostick & Sullivan, Bromwell Marketing, Calumet, HP Marketing, Hunt’s Photo, Igor’s Cameras, Inkjet Mall, Laser Light, Midwest Photo, Quality Camera.

The Trade Show will be open Friday evening, June 9th and all day Saturday and Sunday, June 10th and 11th.

View Camera conference

Apologies to all .... the Trade Show/Conference is being held in the Best Western Clocktower Resort Hotel in Rockford, IL. Rockford is about an hour and a half Northwest of Chicago.

View Camera conference

Well, I'll be 2 for 4 after this one (missed lasts year, as it turned out, I was in Connecticut the week of the conference but couldn't make it up) as I have to be in Rocky Mountain National Park that week, taking pictures, maybe a little fly fishing, some hiking, relaxing, visiting family. Well, an even trade I guess. Watch that VC Conference trade show, it is expensive (you will buy something, trust me). If next year's event is in the NW, I'm in (and I'd avoid Seattle as well, I live here, too busy and expensive. People can day trip into Seattle if they want).
    The only trouble with doin' nothing is you can't tell when you get caught up