16 10.32%
  • Portland, OR

46 29.68%
  • Albuquerque/Santa Fe, NM

23 14.84%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: View Camera conference

View Camera conference

As long as your not talking about 35mm, I see no conflict of interest. I see common interest. I know the reason for the statements, I just have a weird slant to my views. Wish I could be there, but that's drag racing season for me.

View Camera conference

Thanks to Steve and everyone affiliated with View Camera for putting this together. I am eagerly awaiting my first view camera conference! I currently live in Wyoming but was born and raised in Rockford and am looking forward to coming home. Rockford is not exactly a landscape photographer's mecca, but otherwise it will make for a great (and less expensive) place to host the conference. While O'Hare/Midway are likely the most accessible airports for most people, those in the Denver area should know that United Airlines will be flying non-stop twice daily from Rockford to Denver starting in March.

View Camera conference

John,

Is that post in the right thread? I have no idea what you are refering to. Maybe it is me. I've been getting by with 4 hours sleep of late.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

View Camera conference

I attended the first LF conference and would NOT recommend going. I fell in love with a 14"x17" camera, made a purchase and have been broke ever since!!!!! :-)

Joking aside, the first conference was the best ever, learned a lot, met many nice people, spent too much money and found the three days to not be enough. I plan to attend more and certainly encourage everyone else to attend. Traveling to Egypt in March and to mainland China in October, maybe Rockford is not so far away.

View Camera conference

I was always disappointed that the conference was on the wrong coast. I look forward to attending both the show and the shoot at the railroad museum. It will be nice to be able to shoot railway again. Perhaps the next O. Winston Link will be in attendance.

Eric
    Dad, why is the lens cap on?

View Camera conference

It's too bad it's not happening any closer to the West Coast....I'm in Spokane.

View Camera conference

Kirk,
    I was referring to the conflict of interest disclaimers by those involved with the conference.

View Camera conference

Sorry I get it now. Notice this post is being made at 2:41 am....
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

-Rob bigcameraworkshops.com Robert Skeoch's Avatar

View Camera conference

Rockford.... isn't that where they keep all the files.
    I'm planning to go.
    -Rob

View Camera conference

It's too bad it's not happening any closer to the West Coast....I'm in Spokane.

Ben,

Let Steve know where you'd like the next conference to be held. The first three conferences were out west (Albuquerque, Sante Fe and Monterey), but Steve has wisely decided it would be best to move the location of the conference from year-to-year to allow as many people as possible to attend.

Personally, I think a large format conference in the Pacific Northwest would be a great idea. Portland has a very active LF community and a strong history of prominent LF photographers. The late May/early June time frame also works well for location shooting and workshops. It's one of my favorite times of the year to shoot at the Oregon Coast or in the Columbia River Gorge.

Seattle would be another alternative (but probably spendier than Portland).

So, let Steve know your preferences. He has been very responsive to such requests in the past and has shown a willingness to move the conference location to accomodate as many people as possible. Besides, for people like me who attend every year, it's fun to visit new locations.

Kerry