Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: A custom made bag example for arca swiss 8x10

  1. #11
    Drew Wiley
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    SF Bay area, CA
    Posts
    15,657

    Re: A custom made bag example for arca swiss 8x10

    Interesting. I once had something similar made for my 8x10 by a local mountain gear custom service, now out of business. But I have carried Sinar 4x5 monorails thousands of miles in the mountains in classic external-frame packs, along with all the other necessary gear and supplies. Now that I'm in my 70's, I mainly used a lighter little Ebony 4x5 folder on long mtn trip, but still prefer Sinars or the 8X10 for day hiking.

  2. #12
    umop apsidn
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    122

    Re: A custom made bag example for arca swiss 8x10

    I contacted mhayashi when he started this thread as I was really interested in getting one of these bags for my Arca Misura 8x10. He very kindly worked with Lamda and arranged for them to make one of these bags for me, and I requested a navy color. It turned out very nice, and I really like how form fitting it is. The Arca 8x10 is a little awkward to carry and store, and this bag really is a good option for it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AB2.jpg   AB3.jpg   AB4.jpg  

  3. #13

    Re: A custom made bag example for arca swiss 8x10

    Excellent, that looks like an elegant solution. If you think there will be future iterations of this bag, you might consider "up-armoring" a bit on the sides and top (perhaps with HDPE frame sheet material), especially if the idea is that your camera will be carried in a host pack with other bits of kit. (FWIW, my Sinar 8x10 isn't quite as compact, but the bellows does collapse into the camera back much more than your Arca/Swiss does.)

  4. #14

    Re: A custom made bag example for arca swiss 8x10

    Quote Originally Posted by konakoa View Post
    I contacted mhayashi when he started this thread as I was really interested in getting one of these bags for my Arca Misura 8x10. He very kindly worked with Lamda and arranged for them to make one of these bags for me, and I requested a navy color. It turned out very nice, and I really like how form fitting it is. The Arca 8x10 is a little awkward to carry and store, and this bag really is a good option for it.
    I want one of these but when I inquired the price was insanely high.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Nara, Japan
    Posts
    1,172

    Re: A custom made bag example for arca swiss 8x10

    Quote Originally Posted by dodphotography View Post
    I want one of these but when I inquired the price was insanely high.
    mhayashi spoke with Sakuma san, while I handled the payment to Sakuma san and shipped it to konakoa in the US for a small fee, as part of the services I offer.
    Most of the "insane" increased cost is due to the shipping. Unfortunately, EMS shipping to most countries remains suspended. Couriers like UPS and Fedex charge on a volumetric basis, and size, rather than weight is the deciding factor. When EMS shipping resumes, it will become much more reasonable.

    Kumar

  6. #16

    Re: A custom made bag example for arca swiss 8x10

    Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post
    mhayashi spoke with Sakuma san, while I handled the payment to Sakuma san and shipped it to konakoa in the US for a small fee, as part of the services I offer.
    Most of the "insane" increased cost is due to the shipping. Unfortunately, EMS shipping to most countries remains suspended. Couriers like UPS and Fedex charge on a volumetric basis, and size, rather than weight is the deciding factor. When EMS shipping resumes, it will become much more reasonable.

    Kumar
    While I appreciate the response... itís a niche item and while Iím sure itís well made, I can assure you that Iíve dealt with a number of brands in the US manufacturing items with 1,000 denier Cordura built to the highest specs for Berry Compliant US military grade products who charge 1/2 that for more bag. Unfortunately another example of the photo tax.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    4

    Re: A custom made bag example for arca swiss 8x10

    I had something similar, but I didn't find it very practical. It has only two compartments, and it's not big enough. Also, the material is not waterproof, though on their online description, it was written the opposite. Anyways, for me, it was a complete waste of money. I prefer the Lelawala on-the-go bag instead, which is made of waterproof and mold-resistant leather. Since I've discovered Borboleta Bag collections, I don't use my old bags anymore. These ones are so stylish and comfortable at the same time, can be used even on trips.
    Last edited by DanteALG; 14-May-2021 at 06:07.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    107

    Re: A custom made bag example for arca swiss 8x10

    No, they only use synthetic clothes.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    7

    Re: A custom made bag example for arca swiss 8x10

    May I ask the weight of acra misura 8x10?
    I have come across two different sayings.

  10. #20
    umop apsidn
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    122

    Re: A custom made bag example for arca swiss 8x10

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcan View Post
    May I ask the weight of acra misura 8x10?
    I have come across two different sayings.
    Elcan, I weighed mine just now and the Misura is 9 pounds exactly, or 4kg without a lens and lens board. (4,080 grams.)

Similar Threads

  1. My new custom made 11x14 and 8x10 field camera
    By sestese in forum LF DIY (Do It Yourself)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 5-Jun-2015, 02:48
  2. anybody know where i can get a custom made bellows for my 8x10 century camera?
    By phillip2446 in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-Oct-2014, 12:12
  3. Chinese Made Arca Swiss to Linhof Adapter
    By patapuss in forum Gear
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21-Feb-2012, 14:02
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-Dec-2011, 09:11

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •