Thread: Cambo Super - pack down and pack options?

Cambo Super - pack down and pack options?

Hi all,

Looking for some ideas for how much to pack down a cambo super and what to put it in. Obviously they can be pulled ap
    art a lot, so just wanting to see how others balance the practicalities of pack down and then pack options.

Import for moving around and ease of setup rather than flying somewhere. Although, all ideas welcomed!

Thanks in advance

Re: Cambo Super - pack down and pack options?

Remove the bellows, rotate the standards 90 degrees so the rail and they are coplanar and the camera will fit in a briefcase or suitcase.

Hi Dan,

thanks for the reply - i have a tachihara which fits perfectly with a few double darks and other bits into a lowepro sling bag - so just wondering if there is a similar option for the cambo? I think i lucked out with the lowepro in terms of it fitting so well.

Thanks

Sorry, no, the Cambo doesn't fold up. And then there's the rail ...

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out the best way to transport my Cambo SC-2 and ended up with a Pelican Air case (16375) and shoulder bag combo. I came from a Graphic View II which had its own convenient hard case, but finding the equivalent Cambo case is almost impossible. I mainly shoot architecture with my 4x5, so I'm never terribly far from my car. I didn't want to take the standards and bellows apart every time I took the camera out, and the Pelican case fits the whole thing in one piece. Not sure how it would work with a longer rail, but the case fits my SC-2 with the 11 inch rail just fine. It also has room for all three lenses I normally take with me. The shoulder bag holds my film holders, loupe, light meter, dark cloth, etc.

When I get to the location I'll be shooting at, I pull the Pelican case out of my trunk and put the SC-2 on the tripod. I'll attach the lens I think I need and maybe stick another one in my shoulder bag. I rest the rail on my shoulder and carry the whole thing to wherever I'll be shooting. The Pelican case has rollers so if the terrain is flat enough I can pull it along with me. Hope this helps!