Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Prototype RF-coupled 4x5 camera

Re: Prototype RF-coupled 4x5 camera

I noticed that Ilford still makes 5" roll film during the ULF special order. except for the fact that you would lose individual sheet processing , would it be useful to have a 5x4/5x7 roll film back like the Horseman 6x9 backs do for 120 film? Probably not but let your mind wander a bit at the possibility. I'm sure arial cameras likely had something but you wouldn't want to hike with it.
    The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
    http://www.searing.photography

Quote Originally Posted by esearing View Post
    I noticed that Ilford still makes 5" roll film during the ULF special order. except for the fact that you would lose individual sheet processing , would it be useful to have a 5x4/5x7 roll film back like the Horseman 6x9 backs do for 120 film? Probably not but let your mind wander a bit at the possibility. I'm sure arial cameras likely had something but you wouldn't want to hike with it.
    Look up Linhof Aero Technika 5” roll backs. These things take 50’ of 5” (120mm) NATO spooled roll film or 60’ if it is ester base film. They would mount to any Technika 4 or later body but will not mount to a Graphlok back. I believe there was one that could mount to a Graflok but took less film and may not have given the 5x5” negative.

Anyone have info about the lens he uses a 90mm f8 Biogon? I was not aware of a 90mm 4x5 lens from zeiss... Is it new? I thought they quit LF...

Quote Originally Posted by Embdude View Post
    Anyone have info about the lens he uses a 90mm f8 Biogon? I was not aware of a 90mm 4x5 lens from zeiss... Is it new? I thought they quit LF...
    Dude, I may be mistaken but until proven otherwise I think you've been trolled. The version 2 images look like renderings, not photographs of an actual object. The lens cross-section shown in http://www.aubreykingston.com/lfc-home#/lens-bellows/ isn't a Biogon formula, it is an early Russar. The version 1 images give the strong impression that it doesn't have a working RF.

Arca-Swiss

In 1991 Pop Photo showed this and I sold a couple of them. They had troubleClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Thor 4x5 50 sheet film back.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	217261 outside the studio with field cameras as the back was heavy and actually did best Graflocked to a Studio type camera.
    Rod Klukas
    US Representative
    Arca-Swiss USA
    480-755-3364
    www.arca-swiss-usa.com