Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Large Carbon Prints from small negative

Re: Large Carbon Prints from small negative

Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    You can use ortho film to make the interpositive. I use X ray film for this purpose, sometimes I enlarge to make the positive, then contact print to get an enlarged negative. I use the enlarged positive for screen printing.
    Contact printing the interpositive with 4X5 ortho film, and then enlarging to X-Ray film, ortho or blue sensitive, for the enlarged negative would be a relatively inexpensive way to handle this.

Another option would be to learn to make carbro prints, where you dodge and burn to make the best silver bromide print possible, then mate this with carbon tissue sensitized in a special bleaching formula. Sounds a bit complicated, but probably not more so than making carbon print via interpolative and enlarged negative.

But the suggestion made earlier to learn to print carbon with 4X5 negatives also makes a lot of sense.

Sandy
    Last edited by sanking; 31-Dec-2020 at 17:05.
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Re: Large Carbon Prints from small negative

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben Vuaran View Post
    Hi Ron, thanks for the reply. I know that carbon print is a contact process and given that once the technique has been refined, print a 4x5, an 8x10 or larger, the difficulty is the same, I think the biggest problem is precisely to obtain a quality enlargement of the original negative. The will to do it in analogue is just a purist habit! The problem is that Ilford's ULF negatives cost a lot, and before starting this research I wanted to understand if it makes sense, in terms of final print quality, or if it's not worth it and it's better to go digital to get the negative. enlarged. Thanks for the link to the Carbon Print Group!
    Berger print film does exactly what you want