Thread: Poloroid land 95 turned into view camera

Poloroid land 95 turned into view camera

First post here!
    Just wanted to share my first build and first 4x5 image taken.
    A friend had given me an old poloroid land camera model 95, so I took off the rear door and built an insert for a ground glass/film holder. It's pretty sketch as it's all with tape,hot glue, and foam core about 3/16" thick. I built the film holder with three layers of the same stuff, with a popsicle stick spacer to leave room for film between the slide. For the lens I decided to gut the original front assembly and use a 105mm 4.5 kodak anaston that I found locally for cheap. The guy told me itd cover 4x5 za I just went with it. Camera doesnt fold with the lens on though so I used epoxy to glue the ring inside the standard and just unscrew the lens to fold it up. I'd hesitated to do something like this for a couple years cause of lack of disposable income, and being discouraged after reading people saying something like this couldn't be done on the cheap and to not bother. But heres to show, zero experience with LF, 5 dollars material from a dollar store, some old mismatched gear, and a few hours at the kitchen table will get you. Excited to shoot this some more, and hope it encourages someone else to get crafty, have some fun, and not worry about the fact that you arent gonna be making the next linhoff or something. Heres the first shot of an ornament on the tree! Also dont have a scanner so this is shot photo paper, and scanned, and uploaded via mobile.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20201230_095306.jpg   20201229_124629.jpg   IMG_20201229_133131_639.jpg   20201229_125128.jpg