Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thought I'd stop by here to say hello...

Re: Thought I'd stop by here to say hello...

Quote Originally Posted by cowanw View Post
    Meantime Burlington Camera in, DOH!, Burlington carry a basement full of fil and chemistry
    https://burlingtoncamera.com/
    and for those who prefer direct mail order
    https://store.amplis.com/collections/ilford-photo
    See, i was just going to stop by there but this drat lockdown means i am stuck with their website, which is rather lacking in the selection of things [old fashioned]. Though there seems to be more on it than yesterday already...
    I'll make a list of what i want and hope i can get someone helpful on the phone. Pricing is a bit more than downtown camera, but it saves me the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Froeschli View Post
    Ha, if you're in the area, just grab this rail. They must've scraped something along the side of the camera and 3 corners on the bellows are shaved off. I'm not even going to look at fixing or replacing them. Spare parts or donation to an enthusiast it will be.
    I do have a developing tank for 4x5, the type with the hangers, and two round ones for 35mm and 120 film. - they're in storage, so i haven't measured if there'd be room for a custom insert. Doubtful.

The camera weight is just an impression, i haven't taken the calumet off the tripod to compare, was just surprised at how light the kodak is. Now I'm curious. Though which camera i am keeping isn't up for debate...
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm on the other side of the pond and that would be too easy anyhow: among other things I'm a skilled machinist and like the pleasure of making things myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojje View Post
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm on the other side of the pond and that would be too easy anyhow: among other things I'm a skilled machinist and like the pleasure of making things myself.
    Totally get that. Well, let me know how that works out for you. I might be interested in a longer rail, though i am aware that means i would also need new bellows. - so likely i'd start looking for a cc401, and then break down and start hunting down a Sinar system....

Off to decide what film/paper i want to start out with. Shopping is no fun when you can't go to a store...

I promise to show the rail when finished, aluminum rod I have is over 16 inches, just checked today, should be enough. (So much to do, so little energy: this black snowless winter really gets me...)