Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't sell to "Delaware" without looking at the address

Don't sell to "Delaware" without looking at the address

https://badbuyerlist.org/buyer/2efc452796f2e37e48e98ee5

Good to know a Chinese "front" is allowed to operate year after year in America, scamming ebay sellers, and no investigation. These scams are why I stopped selling after many successful years.

Les

Re: Don't sell to "Delaware" without looking at the address

Thanks for that, Garrett. My larger issue is with flee-the-bay itself.....lack of phone support. Their accounting (for some reason) is unable/unwilling to adjust my data....in order to even make a transaction. I've even send them a note via P.O.....and NADA.

Les

There are places west coast and east coast that do this (re-ship items to other countries). Sometimes it's legit (so seller does not have to deal with customs or international shipping). But it's too easy to be used by scammers to have a fake address to scam the people who only want to sell to US addresses. The poor tracking systems involved in overseas purchases makes it impossible to cost effectively track or return an item, so seller is at fault even when they are not.

More good reasons to stop making deals over that site. Haven't done so in years.

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    There are places west coast and east coast that do this (re-ship items to other countries). Sometimes it's legit (so seller does not have to deal with customs or international shipping). But it's too easy to be used by scammers to have a fake address to scam the people who only want to sell to US addresses. The poor tracking systems involved in overseas purchases makes it impossible to cost effectively track or return an item, so seller is at fault even when they are not.

If an eBay buyer uses a reshipper, the seller’s responsibility for delivery ends when the item reaches the reshipper’s address. The quality of overseas tracking is irrelevant.

I use a reshipper to send parcels to my home in Russia and find it better in terms of dealing with customs, delivery time and competitive prices. I have had troubles with fedex unable to deliver goods to me before. Having said that I understand that there are a lot of unfair users on that big auction site.

I wonder what happens when a scam seller sells to a scam buyer?

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Pere View Post
    I wonder what happens when a scam seller sells to a scam buyer?
    The scams cancel and it becomes a legitimate sale.

Quote Originally Posted by drj52 View Post
    If an eBay buyer uses a reshipper, the seller’s responsibility for delivery ends when the item reaches the reshipper’s address. The quality of overseas tracking is irrelevant.
    Try using that one if a dispute arises with the buyer making a claim of some sort.
    Ebay often does not stand by the sellers.
    ” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Quote Originally Posted by drj52 View Post
    Part of my job is internet security and I'm sometimes thinking up jaded scenarios where I think like the bad guy... Not saying it will go this way....

I could forsee the buyer claiming shipping damage to the box, contents damaged.. Going through multiple shipping companies, there's no way to track down the issue and shipping companies could be pointing fingers until it takes ebay or paypal to resolve it... Might not even be a scam. In which case, it will not work out in the seller's favor.. There are also shipping companies in Miami and southern area which provide reshipping to South and Central America and the Caribbean. Buyers will say they have a friend in Florida they want it shipped to.

I also buy things from Japan, $40k at a time, where it goes through multiple shipping companies... For example Japan Airlines to Yusen to customs to a delivery company in the USA... Sometimes things are damaged, and since I pay one shipping bill to import agent, the buck stops there.. They can investigate with each company where the damage happened. Examples include forklift holes through boxes, etc... I keep security footage of it being unloaded off the truck and taken off the pallet here, so i can show that I didn't do the damage.