Thread: Hello!

Hello!

Hello! My name is Ben, and I recently started dipping my toes into large format photography. I have a good bit of experience with digital 35mm format and some experience with medium format film, and I'm happy to say that my experience has made my first ventures into large format a bit easier. I'm a bit of a tinkerer and I love taking things apart, so you can imagine my glee at being able to completely disassemble a large format camera into it's component parts and see how everything works.

I currently own a ToyoView 45CX, as well as a pair of Mamiya C series TLRs and a set of Nikon DSLRs (using a lot of vintage glass of course).

loujon

Re: Hello!

Welcome aboard Ben! Glad to have you here and if you love to tinker with gear large format gear is a blast to do it with.

Can't wait to hear & see your views & vision of photography and if you have not read this check it out.https://www.largeformatphotography.info/

Welcome!
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Just keep your toes out of the developer. It does funny things to your toenails.

I own a Mamiya 220f, and I used to shoot Nikon DSLR's for Fastpitch softball back when my daughter pitched. I now own a Fujifilm Xt3. Besides large format, many of us shoot various smaller formats as well as digital too. Each have their place.

Welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you!

Hi Ben! I'm new too, so I'm excited to be part of the community. Merry Xmas!

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by jenc View Post
    Hi Ben! I'm new too, so I'm excited to be part of the community. Merry Xmas!
    Welcome Jenc & I look forward to your future contributions & glad your here too!

To all other LFPF members I wish a Happy Holiday Season or should I say we'll get through this year apart together! On to better days, I hope. Peace & Prosperity & Justice to all in 2021 .

Welcome! Great to find more folks getting interested in LF. I, for one, will much happier to follow you here than on twitter, especially since I have no twitter account!
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Hey there, I'm Liam. I'm an amateur photographer and a camping lover, so I'm mixing up both hobbies. I'm starting with a cool Nikon D100 I found in my grandma basement.

Wish me luck!