Thread: Arca swiss quick release solution for master technika

Arca swiss quick release solution for master technika

I want to be able to easily mount and unmount my MT on my tripod head with arca swiss QR because unscrewing the receiving cam every time I switch system is a hassle. On the other hand, putting a random QR plate not very stable and alignment will drift away due to the weight of MT. Is there any elegant QR solution for MT such that it is secure, well aligned, and will not drift away by the weight of the MT?

Re: Arca swiss quick release solution for master technika

Check out the Kessler quick release clamp and plates.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mpirie View Post
    Check out the Kessler quick release clamp and plates.

Mike
    Yeah I used this Kessler plate with my Wista 45SP:
    https://store.kesslercrane.com/kwik-...te-mg1016.html

Most Arca-Swiss style plates rely on a lip of some sort to keep from rotating, but that isn't really possible with my Wista. I just use some set screws to keep it from moving/rotating. Ideally I should drill a second hole in the camera bottom and use a second screw and a nut for two mounting points, but so far the set screws work fine, and I don't care that it mars the finish of the bottom of the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by nguyenhm16 View Post
    Yeah I used this Kessler plate with my Wista 45SP:
    https://store.kesslercrane.com/kwik-...te-mg1016.html

Most Arca-Swiss style plates rely on a lip of some sort to keep from rotating, but that isn't really possible with my Wista. I just use some set screws to keep it from moving/rotating. Ideally I should drill a second hole in the camera bottom and use a second screw and a nut for two mounting points, but so far the set screws work fine, and I don't care that it mars the finish of the bottom of the camera.
    Giottos plates have pop up anti twist stops.

The hexagonal Manfrotto quick release plates have small grub screws around the plate that can be used to stop twisting.

I find it frustrating to try and secure any plate to the bottom of my MT or SV without marking the baseplate, be that Arca, Manfrotto or Kessler.

Mike

I use a long Arca type plate I got off eBay very cheaply (no idea who made it but it works). The advantage in using as long a plate as possible is that if you place a thin layer of cork or rubberised material between the plate and the camera, there is much more friction than with a small plate. If you can find as long as possible a plate with a lip at one end which will fit the camera and then use cork/rubber this will minimise the tendency to rotate and unscrew. The alternative, as has been stated, is to drill the camera for another tripod screw or pin to ensure that there is no rotation but this may neither appeal nor be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by pgk View Post
    I use a long Arca type plate I got off eBay very cheaply (no idea who made it but it works). The advantage in using as long a plate as possible is that if you place a thin layer of cork or rubberised material between the plate and the camera, there is much more friction than with a small plate. If you can find as long as possible a plate with a lip at one end which will fit the camera and then use cork/rubber this will minimise the tendency to rotate and unscrew. The alternative, as has been stated, is to drill the camera for another tripod screw or pin to ensure that there is no rotation but this may neither appeal nor be possible.
    That is my solution to (albeit on an Tech III, with a non-angled base). Mengs, about 8€, 14cm long and gets enough friction by sheer size. I dont bother trying to remove it. I have a second, smaller on under the bed for longer lenses or closeups, which is a little more wonky. But again, the III is a little different, that would probably work better on the newer design.
    Last edited by Blaidd_Drwgg; 22-Dec-2020 at 04:28. Reason: 14cm, not 18

Quote Originally Posted by wsit View Post
    I want to be able to easily mount and unmount my MT on my tripod head with arca swiss QR because unscrewing the receiving cam every time I switch system is a hassle. On the other hand, putting a random QR plate not very stable and alignment will drift away due to the weight of MT. Is there any elegant QR solution for MT such that it is secure, well aligned, and will not drift away by the weight of the MT?
    This one fits quite well under the camera:

https://www.ebay.ch/itm/iShoot-Tripo...Cclp%3A2334524

Get a rail that is long enough to go across the bed and put a stop at each end (https://www.reallyrightstuff.com/mpr-b-package)

I don't know how long the bed is but rails are available in almost any size. A 6" long one is https://www.reallyrightstuff.com/mpr-1