Thread: Heiland masking/registration system

Heiland masking/registration system

I thought I would mention this in case people weren’t aware.

It appears Heiland (in conjunction with Maxim Bedov) is now making precision masking equipment.

https://heilandelectronic.de/foto_analog

Re: Heiland masking/registration system

Very interesting, seems he has a few more products at the link!
    Tin Can

Indeed. FYI I checked with Omer from CatLABS and he can source their products. Heiland indicates CatLABS is the official distributor for USA/Canada.

Years ago I bought a TRD2 (through Versalab at the time) and it has been a terrific instrument.

Not new per se, but I had forgotten about that 20x24 enlarger (I seem to recall a thread on here in which the build project was tracked):

https://heilandelectronic.de/enlarger

I had a great experience with Omer and CatLabs when I got set up with a Heiland LED VC light source for my Zone VI series 2 enlarger. Such a good investment which has more than paid for itself. I am certain that this new registration system from Heiland will be first rate!

Edit: A further thought about that wonderful 20x24 enlarger...that Heiland should set up a fully equipped rental darkroom in the U.S. with this fine machine. Hmmm...maybe more than one in some major metro areas? Set up with large tanks/trays to go large? Maybe with an experienced technician on site to assist? If I had a number of truly stellar negatives of this size...which I'd felt deserved to be printed large - I'd pony up some serious cash for a day or two (heck, what about a weekly rate?) at such a facility!

Drew Wiley

That page has been there awhile. It's nice to know an option for custom registration gear is now available again, long after Jens bought out Condit, and then dropped the ball.

+1 from my various experiences with Omer at CatLabs over the years, and with the Heiland LED VC light source and Splitgrade Analyzer system I purchased several months ago for my LPL 4500 enlarger. That gear has worked very well for me from the start, and it saves a lot of time and paper as I get to what I want in my prints quicker. And if, for a favorite and worthwhile image and negative, you want to make prints in various sizes, or to make additional prints at whatever size at later times, the Heiland system makes it pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    I had a great experience with Omer and CatLabs when I got set up with a Heiland LED VC light source for my Zone VI series 2 enlarger. Such a good investment which has more than paid for itself. I am certain that this new registration system from Heiland will be first rate!

Edit: A further thought about that wonderful 20x24 enlarger...that Heiland should set up a fully equipped rental darkroom in the U.S. with this fine machine. Hmmm...maybe more than one in some major metro areas? Set up with large tanks/trays to go large? Maybe with an experienced technician on site to assist? If I had a number of truly stellar negatives of this size...which I'd felt deserved to be printed large - I'd pony up some serious cash for a day or two (heck, what about a weekly rate?) at such a facility!
    ... JMOwens (Mt. Pleasant, Wisc. USA)

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." ...Michelangelo