Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seeking Advice For 11x14 Lens

Re: Seeking Advice For 11x14 Lens

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Yes...difficult to tell which is correct ...the 80 degrees or the 420mm image circle. Jody's link suggests that the AoV is incorrect and it is actually 70 degrees. But it does not seem that real solid info/specs abounds. The same happens with the 360mm...versions have significantly different AoV but the same IC. I could be wrong about the IC of the 300mm not changing significantly with a new design...might only apply to the 360mm.

A question arises -- when determining the AoV and IC, are they computed individually? For example, with a lens design that has a focal length and AoV which should generate a specific size IC, can there be some mechanical vinetting happening that reduces the actual IC?
    Yeah. I've always wondered if they were measured at different f-numbers, but I've never had an inside writing Fujinon W to play with and test.

Barry Young

Re: Seeking Advice For 11x14 Lens

I was a teacher before I retired in September 2020. That means I had NO money. So I made the best of things. I restored a beat up old Packard shutter and installed it on my 11x14 Korona camera which I repaired heavily and restored. Then I found barrel lenses that were good that I could afford. A Carl Zeiss 300mm f4.5 for wide work with quite a bit of movements, an East German 375mm f9 for normal lens use with some movements, a 19 inch (482mm) f11 Red Dot Artar for long use with absolutely no movements and barely perceptible vignetting. Fairly effective kit for such an inexpensive outfit.

Barry Young
    Young Camera Company
    youngcameracompany.com