Thread: Hi from UK

Hi from UK

I have been dabbling with 35mm and medium format photography for a number of years, but have always wanted to take the plunge into large format, especially wet plate collodion. I am currently in the research process, trying to find out as much information about what equipment is needed, what camera and lens to buy on a tight budget. Also trying to learn all of the techniques required before I take the next step. Lots of new exciting stuff to learn 😊

Jez

Re: Hi from UK

Welcome!
    Tin Can

Welcome Jez. Good luck in your research and shopping. I'm new here too, but don't have any wet-plate experience to share. You're sure to find many people here who do.

Welcome Jez. I am in the same boat. I did a workshop with John Brewer a few years ago and loved the wet plate. I have finally tried to give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Weston View Post
    Welcome Jez. I am in the same boat. I did a workshop with John Brewer a few years ago and loved the wet plate. I have finally tried to give it a go.
    Thanks Steve
    I see that John Brewer is not far away from me, so may be able to book myself a workshop sometime in the future when allowed.