Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do sellers handle paper age?

Re: How do sellers handle paper age?

The postcard paper that was the focus of that discussion at Photrio was said to have been purchased recently from B&H, but from the batch code it turned out to have been manufactured in Sept 2013. No information on when and where B&H obtained it.

Hmm...maybe this explains why a couple years ago I paid something like $25 for 6 100-sheet boxes of "fresh" postcard paper for a project that didn't materialize, on eBay. I guess I need to open those up and give them a try. I may have another use for them soon anyway.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I bought discounted 'modern box' 20X24 Ilford paper from Central Camera that was room temp

They indicated it was aging, hence the discount

I think it was 50% off, I am slowly using it and further aging it

Looks good to me
    Tin Can

I tried some Kodak paper I’ve had since the seventies and it printed fine, no special storage at all. I then purchased a few different boxes from the auction site. I’d guess around 70% were completely fogged. I still came out ahead.

I suspect the answer to the OP's question is that there's no standard, you just have to ask each vendor what their policy is.

I'll try over on Photrio. Thought someone around here must have worked in the trade. I suppose today with fewer buying options for paper, the ease of online buying and probably tighter inventory control than the past paper stock turnover is fast. Think I'll ask the question on some of the very cheap Amazon listings and see if I get an answer. Amazing that they can sell a 100 sheet box of Ilford paper $40 cheaper than NY stores.