Thread: Polaroid 8x10 processor repair

Polaroid 8x10 processor repair

Hello to All, I’m relatively new to the forum. I was in the photo finishing business for about 15 years (my first career) before careening off into a tech career. I’ve returned to photography as I’m nearing retirement and am enjoying some things I haven’t done in ages. So to get to the point I have this Polaroid 8x10 81-01 processor. It looks great almost unused. I opened it up and inside it looks really clean. The only problem is that when I press the white power button the machine just hums and it doesn’t appear that the rollers are moving. I tried feeding a practice sheet of paper through and nothing happens. So I did some research online and most of what I found is related to blown capacitors. As I mentioned I checked the inside and everything looks really new and clean so I don’t think I have a blown capacitor. Unfortunately there is literally nothing on the internet describing a similar issue so I thought I would post here to see if anyone has any ideas. At the very least if I could find someone who might be able to fix it I would be grateful. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Polaroid 8x10 processor repair

TRy removing the rollers and see if the motor runs, sometimes the rollers get stubborn with lack of use. If that works, give the rollers a good cleaning and manually turn them via the spur gears on their ends, re-install and try.
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com

if you're lucky, your processor will have a hole in the side where you can use a manual winder. hope it's just dirty rollers, but that cld still mean the motor is toasted as stuck rollers cld burn it out, dunno. good luck
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Thanks for your replies. Turns out the motor was bad. However I was lucky to find a replacement motor from Omer at CatLABS and was able to replace it and the processor is now working fine. ��