Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Do I need a contrast or ND Lens Filter for Verito 18 F4?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    865

    Do I need a contrast or ND lens filter for Verito 18 F4?

    Do I need a contrast or ND lens filter for Verito 18 F4? What is the filter size, 115mm? Thanks!
    Last edited by diversey; 12-Nov-2020 at 10:48.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Stone Mountain, GA
    Posts
    250

    Re: Do I need a contrast or ND Lens Filter for Verito 18 F4?

    I've got the same lens and can measure for you, but there might be slight variations in the models. A photo would help to see if they are (for all practical purposes) similar. As far as the filter goes, what are you trying to achieve?

  3. #3
    Mark Sawyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...
    Posts
    5,883

    Re: Do I need a contrast or ND Lens Filter for Verito 18 F4?

    I worked with one in a studio many times without. No problem, even wide open. If you're working outside in the daytime, yep, you'll need an ND filter or a shutter, (do a search for "Galli shutter", which is very practical if you have a shutter speed tester to practice with). A 6x6-inch square filter and holder is the best ND option.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    865

    Re: Do I need a contrast or ND Lens Filter for Verito 18 F4?

    Below is the lens I have. I want to be able to use it at F6 indoor and outdoor with a Packard shutter. The front thread is about 115mm. Thanks!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B297E010-4B96-4ED5-8961-680CC5B13030.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	209439

    Quote Originally Posted by Petzval Paul View Post
    I've got the same lens and can measure for you, but there might be slight variations in the models. A photo would help to see if they are (for all practical purposes) similar. As far as the filter goes, what are you trying to achieve?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    865

    Re: Do I need a contrast or ND Lens Filter for Verito 18 F4?

    Yes, a 6x6 ND filter with the holder is best option. I have a Packard shutter box and can achieve 1/25th of a second. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    I worked with one in a studio many times without. No problem, even wide open. If you're working outside in the daytime, yep, you'll need an ND filter or a shutter, (do a search for "Galli shutter", which is very practical if you have a shutter speed tester to practice with). A 6x6-inch square filter and holder is the best ND option.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Hamilton, Canada
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: Do I need a contrast or ND Lens Filter for Verito 18 F4?

    Or use two different film speeds.

  7. #7
    (Shrek)
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    1,783

    Re: Do I need a contrast or ND Lens Filter for Verito 18 F4?

    Quote Originally Posted by cowanw View Post
    Or use two different film speeds.
    If you wait til dusk, you get better light and much easier exposure timing outdoors.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    865

    Re: Do I need a contrast or ND Lens Filter for Verito 18 F4?

    Good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowanw View Post
    Or use two different film speeds.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    865

    Re: Do I need a contrast or ND Lens Filter for Verito 18 F4?

    Good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jody_S View Post
    If you wait til dusk, you get better light and much easier exposure timing outdoors.

Similar Threads

  1. Grad ND, Contrast and Color FIlter Setup with Center Filter
    By Alan Klein in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 26-Mar-2020, 21:15
  2. Verito diffusion stops? Verito as an enlarging lens?
    By Darren Kruger in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-Jul-2017, 17:20
  3. Contrast filter question
    By stradibarrius in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18-Apr-2012, 11:49
  4. First Contrast Filter?
    By Josh Z. in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-Mar-2006, 11:54
  5. VC filter contrast spacing
    By ronald lamarsh in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-Oct-2004, 19:36

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •