Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Can anyone recommend a sturdy tall carbon fiber tripod and ball head/pan-tilt head?

Re: Can anyone recommend a sturdy tall carbon fiber tripod and ball head/pan-tilt hea

the FLM tripod leg comes apart for easy cleaning should you get a little dirt/grime/salt water in the lower section. It is extremely well designed.
    The only flaw/issue I have found is that when walking with the legs extended, they can cross so it is a tad awkward on the shoulder. When collapsed legs do not cross due to the rubber feet meeting. X vs V
    The CP34 and CP38 also have large head platforms which is something one should also consider.
    Adventure is worthwhile in itself. ... Never interrupt someone doing what you said couldn't be done. -- Amelia Earhart
    http://www.searing.photography

Re: Can anyone recommend a sturdy tall carbon fiber tripod and ball head/pan-tilt hea

Glad you found something you like. I have a raft of tripods and they all have plusses and minuses. I use one of the "Three legged thing" tripods (I think its the Leo) and it's OK - works well for the Hasselblad and I've had the Technika on it as well - not ideal but when traveling internationally it's nice because it will fit in a carry on bag. I used to be 6'2 and the TTT Leo isn't really tall enough. I have FLM heads on several tripods and they're excellent. And I use the Kessler Crane quick release system on the larger tripods - I can't recommend them highly enough. I have 2 of them mounted on the platform of my monster Majestic - one fore and aft for the LF cameras and one side to side to accomodate the RRS QR plate on the Mamiya 7 and the "cage" on the Canon 5D.