Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help with this image

Re: Please help with this image

Quote Originally Posted by badler View Post
    I’ll do some more work. The formula is correct. The safe light is a red led so good there.
    Don't be too sure about the red LED. When I started wet plate work three+ years ago, I bought a couple of red LED bulbs for the darkroom and they were great - for a while. Turns out these were white LEDs with a red coating on the shell of the bulb which faded over a period of months. They started leaking orange and yellow light which fogged my work more and more. It took a while to figure out what the culprit was, because I assumed the LEDs were not the problem.
    If its an actual red light LED, you're safe. But watch out for those color-coated bulbs.

Went back into the box today and worked through the development time of the Quinn Jacobson solution and came up with between 30-45 seconds. Then did a few plates. I am certain I was overexposing and underdeveloping. Thank’s for your help.

Went back into the box today and worked through the development time of the Quinn Jacobson solution and came up with between 30-45 seconds. Then did a few plates. I am certain I was overexposing and underdeveloping. Thank’s for your help.
    Would you care to show us a sample of more recent plates?

Here is today’s test plate. 4 Mississippi, 30cm f 6.3 Quinn’s FeSO4 30 sec dev time. Not much of a composition but the subject held stillClick image for larger version. 

Name:	45BB5E3C-357F-4A60-B043-A9D9D1361CFD.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	208939

Here is today’s test plate. 4 Mississippi, 30cm f 6.3 Quinn’s FeSO4 30 sec dev time. Not much of a composition but the subject held stillClick image for larger version. 

Name:	45BB5E3C-357F-4A60-B043-A9D9D1361CFD.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	208939
    Success!
    Working out the technical aspects of the wet plate process is serious business: it takes time and you have to be meticulous about things. But when you get it all working well, it becomes almost effortless, believe it or not. Keep going!

Yep, just read this, and the first thing I thought looking at your first example was "overexposed". It can show up a weird places looking like brighter areas or swirling flows, simulating other problems.

On too fast developer, you can always add sugar. I use 2 TBS for a batch of about 600ML developer. I use vinegar for my acetic acid.

Hi
    I'll be short
    - either is developer issue ( pooring, formula, bad chemicals, dev time..)
    - or, and maybe this will give u an answer, if that developer wasn't performing like that b4, the PH of the silver bath. It just might went above the preferred value towards the alkaline side.