Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
I haven't used the 8x10" much (well, I only really started in earnest this year with it, and then along came the plague lockdowns!!) - I'm used to my solid and precise Wista 4x5, so the wobbliness and wonkiness of the front standard is a bit confronting. But it's so so light, and I've made some decent snaps... and the bellows are a satisfying bright red. So I'll persist!! 8x10" ground glass is a bit addictive after all...
It's been a difficult year so far, hasn't it? I was meant to be doing quite a bit of travelling this year, but none of that has happened...

Interesting comment about the wobbliness of the Intrepid. I've had a similar experience with my 5x7, though it's the only large format camera I've used so I can't really make that comparison myself. For me it makes up for this in that I can actually afford it.... I really enjoy using 5x7, it makes 4x5 looks just too small (I have a reducing back for my 5x7, in case I want to try shooting colour). I guess I will have to eventually try out 10x8.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and I hope you manage to get out and take some photos as the lockdowns gradually ease!