Hi all. I just thought I'd write a quick post to introduce myself.

I've lurked on the forum for a little while, but only recently bought my first large format camera, an Intrepid 5x7. I've been enjoying learning to use it, and have found it to have a bit of a learning curve — even if just because it's been over a decade since I last shot film, and even then only 35mm and 120.

I have a few ruined sheets of Fomapan to prove that (forgetting to close the shutter before removing the darkslide is a favourite, but I've also had issues with even development), though thankfully I also have a few which I'm quite happy with. I think I am getting to grips with developing the larger film format. I've ordered a B&W King 5x7 developing tank, though, as I'm not enjoying developing in trays in total darkness... I am also experimenting with using photographic paper as film, which has been interesting.

Digitising/scanning is likely to be the next thing I'll have to figure out — I was originally thinking of buying a film scanner, but a 5x7 lightbox and a macro lens for my DSLR may be a more affordable option.

In the meantime, here is one of my first photos taken with my Intrepid, using Fomaspeed Variant 312 (hence easier to scan than negatives). It was shot with a dodgy Fujinon W 150mm f/5.6 (corroded shutter, now being repaired) with an exposure of 1min22sec at f/45. It worked surprisingly well for a first attempt, but I'm hoping I'll gradually improve!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img20200910_23155823_small.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	208712

PS -- one forum related query: is there any reason why I don't seem to have permission to view anyone's profile page, including my own?