Thread: Vintage Camera Repair/Restoration

Foamer

Vintage Camera Repair/Restoration

I have a couple of cameras I'm fixing up to use. The first is an Orionwerk Rio Tropen 9x12cm, c.1925. It needs a couple of brass strips made. One holds the plate holder on the back, the other is an internal angle brace. Am also looking for some metal plate holders for this camera. Camera also needs a set screw on the bottom of the front standard that a spring release attaches to. Second camera is a Contessa/ICA Sonnet 6x4.5cm. It's cute! It also is from the early 1920s. It needed a 7.5cm Tessar, a tiny one. The hole in the front standard for the lens was 23mm. I found a lens marked "Zeiss Ikon" and I think it was made for this camera. However, no retaining ring. where do I have one fabricated? Shutter also needs CLA. The bellows need replacing and UK Bellows can do it, but it will be fabric, not leather and won't have the decorative lines. Oh well. Once I get the shutter squared away and the new bellows attached I can shoot 6x4.5 dry plates in it.

Kent in SD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Orionwerks.jpg  
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Re: Vintage Camera Repair/Restoration

S.K. Grimes can fab the retaining ring.

If the hole in the front standard is 23mm for the compur shutter, then it is most probably the smallest compur shutter of the time, the 00. See here for the different sizes: http://lostlabours.co.uk/photography...s/compur-1.jpg
    If you can provide the diameter of the outside tube thread at the back of the shutter, I can see whether I have a spare retaining ring for your shutter (have quite some smaller ones with European thread).

My Flickr

Foamer

Quote Originally Posted by Ron (Netherlands) View Post
    If the hole in the front standard is 23mm for the compur shutter, then it is most probably the smallest compur shutter of the time, the 00. See here for the different sizes: http://lostlabours.co.uk/photography...s/compur-1.jpg
    If you can provide the diameter of the outside tube thread at the back of the shutter, I can see whether I have a spare retaining ring for your shutter (have quite some smaller ones with European thread).

Yes, it is that tiny! The whole lens/shutter is about 45mm diameter. I think I have found a retaining nut but will keep you in mind in the future.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!