Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Massive Dev app

Massive Dev app

So today I shot some Tmax 100 and there were two ISO'S for 100 one had a period after it like this 100. One was 5:30 and the one with the period was 7:30. I split the time and went with 6:30 and the negative looks great. Anyone know why there is two different times? Is one for an older version of Tmax?

Re: Massive Dev app

I never saw any explanation about these different times which are not seldom offered for film-developer combinations in the Mass Dev App. I only know that for my enlarger head with Leds (Heiland Splitgrade), I mostly need about 15% longer development times than the app gives. I also suspect that many times are just taken from the original factory’s time/developer recommendations and whether these are meant for condensor or cold light heads is never explicated as far as I know.

the times have been sent in by individuals, not developed by a single person, or company.

Quote Originally Posted by otto.f View Post
    I never saw any explanation about these different times which are not seldom offered for film-developer combinations in the Mass Dev App. I only know that for my enlarger head with Leds (Heiland Splitgrade), I mostly need about 15% longer development times than the app gives. I also suspect that many times are just taken from the original factory’s time/developer recommendations and whether these are meant for condensor or cold light heads is never explicated as far as I know.
    I wasn't aware the Massive Dev App had print times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    the times have been sent in by individuals, not developed by a single person, or company.
    Thanks. Splitting those times actually worked well. There was also the same scenario for 35mm Fomapan 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter View Post
    I wasn't aware the Massive Dev App had print times.

It doesn't, I think he miss understood.

Quote Originally Posted by jtomasella View Post
    It doesn't, I think he miss understood.
    ‘he’? I think Pieter misunderstood. I was only talking about developing times for film. I need harder films for my enlarger with Led lights than I used to need for my condensor enlarger. This is not relevant for printing times but for gradation of the paper

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    And we don’t know what kind of light source these individuals use, which is very relevant for the gamma value of the negative you need

You develop negatives to best match how you print. If you’re going to use a condenser enlarger, your negative development time will probably be different than if you use a cold light. That’s what Otto is talking about.

You don't specify your developer, but if I use the web page, and allow all developers, I notice HC 110 dilution B has both a 7.5 and 5.5 minute listing. Hopefully this URL gets the search for you: https://www.digitaltruth.com/devchar...=C&TimeUnits=D
    Anyway, what the web page offers, that the app may not, is the "notes" column. The 7.5 minute version has "note 29" which the 5.5 does not. Note 29 is:

Note [29] Data is taken from a previous version of this film. Starting point time should be similar.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/drew_saunders/