Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JandC Classic 400 PMK push/pull dev times

JandC Classic 400 PMK push/pull dev times

Hello,

I'm starting to use Jand C Classic 400 sheet film and want to process it in PMK Pyro (1:2:100). The Jand C website recommends 16 minutes at 68 degrees for normal development. Can someone share their experience with this film and recommend push/pull development times? I'm tray processing 8x10 sheets. Thanks for your time.

Michael Pienta

I would recommend testing for your own EI and dev time. But as a general rule add 1/2 stop and cut dev time 1`5% for a minus 1 and add 1 stop and cut dev time 25% for minus two. For a plus one add 15-20% to the dev time and for plus two cut EI by 1/2 stop and add 25-30% to the dev time.

steve simmons (www.viewcamera.com)

You can also apply the same times for Tri-X as a starting point. I find that with most developers, my times for Classic 400 are just slightly longer than my times for the old TXT.

Thank you for your input. Regards, Michael

Exclamation Re: JandC Classic 400 PMK push/pull dev times

Hello,

This is an SOS !!! One month ago I used the PMK very well fot two films and it was very nice. Then 30 days later I developp another film and all my string is transparent. It was a perished film, so I decided to develop a new film ( a Bergger 200) and the SAME. All transparent. WHY ?? I was told the PMK is very stable. What happens ? Does it happens to anyone ?
    Thanks for any help
    JF

Re: JandC Classic 400 PMK push/pull dev times

LOL, I guess someone decided to start another troll.....

Quote Originally Posted by jeff
    Hello,

This is an SOS !!! One month ago I used the PMK very well fot two films and it was very nice. Then 30 days later I developp another film and all my string is transparent. It was a perished film, so I decided to develop a new film ( a Bergger 200) and the SAME. All transparent. WHY ?? I was told the PMK is very stable. What happens ? Does it happens to anyone ?
    Thanks for any help
    JF

Ok, I have the solution. As a first user of PMK I misunderstood the stocking information. I thought the long stocking fact was after mixing A + B + water, but not of course it is before. Then as soon as you mixed your chemistry, you have to use it. Then a new question ? How much does it long ? Less than a month for sure.
    JF

Jeff - Don't know where or when you got your PMK A and B stock solutions. Assuming they are reasonably fresh and stored away from light at normal room temperature, the stock solutions should last for several years. My first batch (from Bostick & Sullivan) lasted five years, at which point it would not mix-out properly. Others have had it last longer.

Like you have discovered, you mix A + B into water right before you turn off the lights. And - you probably know this - PMK is a one-shot developer so do not use it over again, not even right away, it's dead!

Quote Originally Posted by jeff
    Ok, I have the solution. As a first user of PMK I misunderstood the stocking information. I thought the long stocking fact was after mixing A + B + water, but not of course it is before. Then as soon as you mixed your chemistry, you have to use it. Then a new question ? How much does it long ? Less than a month for sure.
    JF
    You didn`t mix up all of your A and B solution at once did you? You only mix as much as you need for each development session.

Jeff,

if you mixed A&B together, pour it down the drain and start over. Sorry.

Jay