Thread: Mystery paper: Supre-Print ultra-rapid process stabilization paper

Mystery paper: Supre-Print ultra-rapid process stabilization paper

I have three unopened packs of this Supre-print photographic paper that were in a box containing a ton of old color and B&W paper that was given to me by people with good intentions.

The biggest label reads, "Supre-Print ultra-rapid process stabilization photographic paper. For best results use Supre-Print developer and stabilizer."

Each pack has another label that says "Poster-Mural, Color, Projection Fast." Type PM.

The first pack has a stamp that says "Fluorescent Green." And a number: 2E31972 (looks like a date or batch and year).

The second reads, "Fluorescent Orange." Number: 2E31969.

The third, "Fluorescent Yellow." Number: 2E31968.

Each pack is unopened and contains 25 8x10 sheets, and they label says they were all made in France. That's kinda cool.

Anyone know what these are? And if you do, what sort of chemistry would I need to use with them?

Thanks, all. Any insight appreciated.

Re: Mystery paper: Supre-Print ultra-rapid process stabilization paper

Just what the label says. You need an old stabilization processor. Don’t know if they have been made since the 70s. I had the Ilford in the late 60s. The chemistry was so corrosive that it would eat through a stainless steel part almost monthly. Among others Kodak and Spiratone made or sold them.

No, you don't need stabilization processing, regular paper developer will work also...

Stabilizer processing was the paper contained some developer in the emulsion, and when fed into a stabilization processor, step A was to dip the paper into an activator of a high alkali solution that "activated" the paper based developer, then part B was a stabilizer or strong rapid fix, then a dip wash and dryer...

Paper is an RC type with different surfaces, developable in standard developer tray processing, just like RC...

If paper is too old, the contrast layer in emulsion goes flatter, until paper only prints at grade 1 1/2 or less...

Test it!!!

Steve K

Thanks for the info.

I'm assuming the substrate has the color designated on the package. There's a sample of the color taped to the front of the pack next to the second label on each package. The yellow is sort of a post-it note yellow, the green is an olive green, and the orange is more of a tangerine color. To my eye, the samples look seriously faded. The green is particularly odd but not in a bad way.

I think I'll wait to test until I 1) finish my darkroom (I'm not lazy, I just got the stuff for it) and 2) have a project that would benefit from using this type of paper.