Thread: Another Lens Board Adapter Thread

Another Lens Board Adapter Thread

I decided my Ikeda Anba 4x5 has been languishing in my closet for far too long as I've been favoring my stripped-down Crown Graphic 4x5 for its ruggedness and rough-and-readiness. Part of the advantage of the Crown is I can keep a lens board on it and its easy to use hand-held. But the Anba is just too pretty to ignore, so I finally am getting around to making an adapter lens board so I can use lenses mounted on my diy Crown Graphic boards on the Anba.

This is still a work in progress, but I'm down to sanding, painting and adding hardware and felt. I've got a good fit between the CG boards and the Anba lens board frame.

This project was a little tricky in that the board sizes between the two cameras are so similar 3 3/4" +/- 1/8".

Basic materials include 1/8 plywood front and rear, 2" hole saw cut, and a 1/2" basswood spacer (to access the lens board locking hardware on the camera lens board frame).

I will post an update when finished in case anybody is interested in cobbling together something similar for their cameras.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0686.JPG   IMG_0687.JPG   IMG_0691.JPG   IMG_0693.JPG  

Re: Another Lens Board Adapter Thread

Good advice and plenty of useful pictures

I have a Made in Japan camera that needs this adapter

I have all materials and tools at hand..... time...is moving very fast for me

Thank you!

I once had an eBay lensboard seller, now out of business, make a similar adapter for 8X8" Deardorff to Sinar and requested a 1" extension space for a gap to make MOST barrel lenses work with the camera internal Packard Shutter

He made a beauty for low cost
    Tin Can

Great work! ...always love seeing these boards made...

...had to make some specific sandwiched boards for my A-Patern some time ago: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...04104e3d_b.jpg

My Flickr

Round lens boards??? That’s awesome!