Thread: Need Empty 4x5 Film Boxes

Need Empty 4x5 Film Boxes

Hey guys,

I just got my own 4x5 Calumet & need an empty film box to store my exposed sheets.

Does anyone have one or two they'd be willing to mail me?

I will pay for shipping.

Thanks!

Re: Need Empty 4x5 Film Boxes

I have many. Please PM me your address and I will send them to you.

It used to be easy to get empty film boxers. I could get what I needed in about any size at the local lab that processed my film. Now every lab is closed. /this is a bit surprising as I live in Houston which is nowthe fourth largest maerket in the USA depending on how the ranking is made. Another source for larger film boxes was the X-Ray department at the hospital I worked at. Good for storing unmounted prints.

A co-w3orker once asked me for "a few" 35mm film cans so she could sort out her craft beads. Next time I took in some LF film, I asked the counter clerk about that. She showed me a 40 gallon sized plastic bag full of empty 35mm film cans and said I could have as many as I wanted. She let me have the whole bag, and I brought it to work with me. The co-worker never asked me for film cans again!
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

^^^

That post, while fun for me, is not really helpful to the OP.

A strategy that has worked for me in the past:

Open a sealed box (darkroom or changing bag) and open the plastic/foiled pouch. Load up and shoot. When changing out film; first unload all film holders of a specific film type (color, B^W) and put the sheets into the bottom of the box. Now load all film holders taking sheets from the plastic pouch. Close up the film box with the exposed sheets in the bottom and any unexposed sheets still in the packaging on top orf them. This is not as good as having s sepasraste box for exposed sheets, but can be made to work.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!