Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overhead still lifes

Re: Overhead still lifes

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    I have done a few overhead table-top set ups. I went to e-bay and found a Spiratone right angle attacvhment, "Circo-Mirrotaqvh" I think it is called.
    Drew, I'm interested in this attachment for a different use - in-camera paper positives. Does the attachment reduce overall image quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Raghu Kuvempunagar View Post
    Drew, I'm interested in this attachment for a different use - in-camera paper positives. Does the attachment reduce overall image quality?
    BTW: the correct spelling is "Circo-Miro-tach" I think. These things were designed for use in 35mm photography and advertised showing "sneaky" sideways shooting at the beach.

I don't think it degrades the image. It seems to be a front-surface mirror. I used step-up or step-down rings to adapt it to my lenses. My 210mm seemed to work bst. I haven't looked on e-Bay lately, but my recollection is that it was not expensive.

It is a little fiddley to use, as every time you adjust focus, the framing will change. Front movements are problematic as well.

There are other right angle mirror attachments out there, so look around and see what you like.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    BTW: the correct spelling is "Circo-Miro-tach" I think. These things were designed for use in 35mm photography and advertised showing "sneaky" sideways shooting at the beach.

I don't think it degrades the image. It seems to be a front-surface mirror. I used step-up or step-down rings to adapt it to my lenses. My 210mm seemed to work bst. I haven't looked on e-Bay lately, but my recollection is that it was not expensive.

It is a little fiddley to use, as every time you adjust focus, the framing will change. Front movements are problematic as well.

There are other right angle mirror attachments out there, so look around and see what you like.
    Thanks Drew. I think I'll give it a try.

Front by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

Back by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

Mirror by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr
    Tin Can