Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Photographers Notebook, Page 1

Re: Photographers Notebook, Page 1

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Boulware View Post
    Kodak did an excellent hard cover book called, "Impact, Photography for Advertising". I own a copy and some of my best friends are published in this book. This book is also a lesson for others...in LANDSCAPE photography in particular...and many others too. The title...Photography for Advertising may turn some of you off. I caution you not to do so, for there is a message here for you too. To you who show in galleries, you have the same challenge.
    I just bought a copy of this at Amazon.com ($7.99 shipped). While no longer available new, there were thirty used copies available so relatively easy to come by.

Thanks Richard for starting this notebook project off. I look forward to showing you some images and getting some feedback.

Stew Squires

I just came accross this post this morning so please excuse my late response.

I find it interesting how so many people have tried to define "pro" and "amateur". It seems that many people decide to use a derogatory definition for activities other than their own. To the poster who decided that "pro" and "hack" were interchangable terms, I wonder how many people who agree with you are making their living at photography? Is this jealousy or simpy ignorance? I mean no offense, I am just wondering why the not-so-subtle undercurrent of anger.

I am a professional photographer and I submit that I am as passionate about my commercial work as my personal work. To me there really is no difference. One gets me paid and the other makes me pay. My love is making images. Yes, I am incredibly lucky to do what I love for a living. I am also very passionate about what I do. My passion knows no difference between getting paid or not.

To Richard, who started this wonderful thread, I agree it is my duty and honor to create images that allow my viewers to "smell the trees" just as much as to "smell the soap" or "see the beauty of the product". To me, there is simply no difference.

Merry Christmas to all,
    Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Photojeep View Post
    I am a professional photographer and I submit that I am as passionate about my commercial work as my personal work. To me there really is no difference. One gets me paid and the other makes me pay. My love is making images. Yes, I am incredibly lucky to do what I love for a living. I am also very passionate about what I do. My passion knows no difference between getting paid or not.
    I applaud you!! Not everyone can find so much enjoyment in their jobs.

Good read! Thanks for posting and looking forward to seeing more in the future.

Jim Ewins

thanks, Jim

thanks.