Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rodenstock Aperture Scales

Rodenstock Aperture Scales

I recently purchased two Rodenstock lenses for only $200, a Grandagon-N 90mm 6.8 and Sinaron S 150mm a.k.a. an APO Sironar-N, the shutters however had no aperture scales. I contacted Rodenstock and was told that aperture scales are no longer available for these lenses.

Now I have the ability to make a set of scales for the lenses, but I would like to know if anyone here would be willing to send me a scan of the correct scales? All I have at this point to go off is photos of other lenses that don't show the scales to any precision and I'm worried that I'll get the scale wrong. Alternatively a link to where I could buy a set of Rodenstock scales would be useful also.
    Jim

Re: Rodenstock Aperture Scales

Ask skgrimes.com

Quote Originally Posted by aphcl84 View Post
    I recently purchased two Rodenstock lenses for only $200, a Grandagon-N 90mm 6.8 and Sinaron S 150mm a.k.a. an APO Sironar-N, the shutters however had no aperture scales. I contacted Rodenstock and was told that aperture scales are no longer available for these lenses.

Now I have the ability to make a set of scales for the lenses, but I would like to know if anyone here would be willing to send me a scan of the correct scales? All I have at this point to go off is photos of other lenses that don't show the scales to any precision and I'm worried that I'll get the scale wrong. Alternatively a link to where I could buy a set of Rodenstock scales would be useful also.
    We sold all of the ones that we had left after we closed to Omega Brandess, they may still have some. Also ask Bob at Precision in CA.

Both of the aperture scales on my version have a very small part number: 0005.059.

Are you looking for someone to take the scale off and to scan it? I guess you'd need a reference measure scanned alongside?

Mike

I have a set of aperture scales for Geronar 6.8. I have the lens set in a Prontor Press shutter and have no use for them.
    Rick Allen

Argentum Aevum

practicing Pastafarian

I was able to get the pattern for the Sinaron S 150mm, so I just need the scales for the 90mm 6.8 now.

Mike, the aperture scale itself is an excellent scale to measure from, so I would just need a regular flatbed scan of the two scales, I have access to a laser engraver and can make a set of scales if I have the correct pattern.

Rick, I'm not sure the aperture scale from a Geronar would fit the Grandagon N, though if they are the same scale I would be interested, can you tell me the part no.?
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by aphcl84 View Post
    I was able to get the pattern for the Sinaron S 150mm, so I just need the scales for the 90mm 6.8 now.

Mike, the aperture scale itself is an excellent scale to measure from, so I would just need a regular flatbed scan of the two scales, I have access to a laser engraver and can make a set of scales if I have the correct pattern.

Rick, I'm not sure the aperture scale from a Geronar would fit the Grandagon N, though if they are the same scale I would be interested, can you tell me the part no.?
    The scales are part number 0013.055
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  
    Last edited by Rick A; 4-Oct-2020 at 08:41. Reason: added photo
    Rick Allen

Argentum Aevum

practicing Pastafarian

Rick it looks like those are scales from a Geronar 210mm in Copal 1 shutter and will not fit the lens I have.
    Jim

Is your Grandagon-N in a black-ring Copal 0? If so I can take some photos of the scales against a ruler for you.

Yes it's in the latest black copal 0.
    Jim