Over the years have replaced bellows on a few view cameras, both metal and wood. In my experience:
1. First thing is to acquire a quality replacement bellows. Cheap bellows are usually quite stiff and their dimensions less than exact. If someone offers a bellows unit and lists several cameras that it will fit, walk away... It probably will fit all the cameras listed but it will most probably have to be adapted/altered to make it a really good fit.
2. When removing the original bellows go very, very slowly and do it inside a 20x24" processing tray. Some bellows are attached to the standards with many tiny screws that are so easy to lose.
3. Flex the bellows a bit before working with it.
4. If thin flat strips of metal are used and if they had been held in place by an adhesive, carefully remove all the dried on adhesive before gluing.
5. Carefully research out which adhesive to use. Adhesives out there now are many times better that the adhesives that were used a hundred plus years ago. I've used contact cement once, and never again. The work "repositionable" doesn't apply to using it. When replacing the bellows on an 11x14 camera, I took 8 days to attach each of the sides. Did one side per night letting the glue cure/harden for 24 hours. No light leaks and the bellows lasted for years till I sold the camera.
6. Take a lot of time, go very slowly; and if clamps are involved, use a lot of them. Small hobby clamps are way better to use than larger heavy duty clamps from Home Depot, Lowes, etc.
7. Take your time and go slow... Oh I think I already mentioned that but it is worth mentioning again.

I am quite handy and have twice attempted to fabricate a new bellows from scratch. First time failed and the second time came out not all that great... bellows making is definitely an art in my opinion.