Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How hard is it to replace the bellows of Kodak Master View 810

How hard is it to replace the bellows of Kodak Master View 810

Hi guys,

Was wondering, my bellows is kinda sagging these days. Looks like milk factory from an 90 year old grandma that gave birth to 20 kids. I put whatever I have under it if I have a 12" lens or longer. Sometimes Amazon air packs, folded up tshirt, lettover to go containers...

Before I search for a replacement grandma and bellows, is it difficult to just take it off and flip it? Or will it still sag?

I don't actually see any screws or anything that takes off the focus cloth.
    --

Re: How hard is it to replace the bellows of Kodak Master View 810

I remember when I had mine replaced, getting off wasn't so hard. The new bellows came with a thin strap and brass ring, which hooked to front standard. Maybe make one and glue about 1/3 down from front standard.
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover"
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site

Quote Originally Posted by matthew blais View Post
    I remember when I had mine replaced, getting off wasn't so hard. The new bellows came with a thin strap and brass ring, which hooked to front standard. Maybe make one and glue about 1/3 down from front standard.
    Ohhh, interesting.

I'm wondering, I see one on Ebay right now, wondering if I can get it and get a local Camera shop here in Socal to put it in for me. I'm sure they have put bellows in a camera before...."That'll be $300 bucks please". Hahahah. right?
    --

Make sure it is for a Master view. I paid $270 back in 2007 so $300 isn't bad if it fits
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover"
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site

New Orleans, LA

The great thing about the KMV is that you can service it yourself with a few tools.

For a nominal fee this site has the parts list and the manual: https://www.butkus.org/chinon/kodak/...ter_camera.htm.

I ordered a new bellows from Custom Bellows in England http://www.custombellows.co.uk/?LMCL=UFzqqa. They have the proper dimensions and are properly constructed. If I remember correctly, I did send them the old bellows so that they could use the original bellows front and rear plates.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew blais View Post
    Make sure it is for a Master view. I paid $270 back in 2007 so $300 isn't bad if it fits
    Thanks! Its under $200 for the bellows on ebay. I was joking that a camera repair place would charge $300 for installing it! Yikes. I can get a CLA for 35mm tiny litle screws for half that.

I'll start calling around local places here in SoCal to see if that is something they can do. And I'll order the bellows afterwards. I can just picture myself wrecking my 8x10! ha
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Thom Bennett View Post
    The great thing about the KMV is that you can service it yourself with a few tools.

For a nominal fee this site has the parts list and the manual: https://www.butkus.org/chinon/kodak/...ter_camera.htm.

I ordered a new bellows from Custom Bellows in England http://www.custombellows.co.uk/?LMCL=UFzqqa. They have the proper dimensions and are properly constructed. If I remember correctly, I did send them the old bellows so that they could use the original bellows front and rear plates.
    I'll check out the manual. I had no idea one can even get a manual for this!!!
    --

Arca-Swiss

Here is a US Company as well: US Company

Nabel

https://nabell.com/products/camera-bellows/
    Rod Klukas
    US Representative
    Arca-Swiss USA
    480-755-3364
    www.arca-swiss-usa.com

It is a little bit of a pain, assuming it is like a Century. In that case, tacks hold it on the back and glue and a board in the front. Plenty of opportunities to create inadvertent light leaks. In fact, once I got my home-made 'test' bellows installed and light tight, I have been reluctant to tear it all down and install a professionally made bellows.

Oops, I misread, I thought the thread was on Kodak 2D which is similar to Century.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Century View Camera.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	208276

Name:	installing bellows.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	208277

Name:	big light leak.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	208278

Does yours still have the little hooks for stopping sag?

I had the same camera with OE bellows, the 4 hooks intact and no pinholes. The hooks worked very well, but don't forget to unfasten them when not needed

If so, don't fix what is not broken

Perfectionists will have a very hard time with the first bellows replacement

It is a very nice camera with really quick setup, way faster than a Deardorff

Quote Originally Posted by ericantonio View Post
    Hi guys,

Was wondering, my bellows is kinda sagging these days. Looks like milk factory from an 90 year old grandma that gave birth to 20 kids. I put whatever I have under it if I have a 12" lens or longer. Sometimes Amazon air packs, folded up tshirt, lettover to go containers...

Before I search for a replacement grandma and bellows, is it difficult to just take it off and flip it? Or will it still sag?

I don't actually see any screws or anything that takes off the focus cloth.
    Tin Can