Thread: Fujinon 300mm f5.6 and Lensboard

Fujinon 300mm f5.6 and Lensboard

I just received this lens off a Japanese seller on Ebay. I didn't notice it in the pictures, but this lens is mounted to the Toyo lens board via 4 screws instead of 1 retainer ring. Is this common practice? Getting those nuts off will be difficult to start. My concern is this will be mounted to a wood 6x6 board and the thickness of the wood may cause issues with the studs. I dont think the studs look that long, as the Toyo board is quite thin. Would a retaining ring even work mounted to an Ansco 6x6 lens board? Im concerned I may not be able to remount this on my needed board. What does anyone suggest? Also if it was necessary, could the studs even be removed? I wonder if my wood lensboard would need the thickness around the hole reduced to get this to work?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0394.jpg   DSCN0393.jpg  

Re: Fujinon 300mm f5.6 and Lensboard

The Ansco lensboard is extremely thick. I dont know if mounting would be possible with my combo?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lensboard.jpg  

Got some info from another site. Apparently its mounted on a flange. Im told all I'd need is longer screws. What screws would you suggest for the Ansco wood board? The Ansco lens board is 1/2" thick.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0395.jpg  

You are over-thinking this...
    Use wood screws.

I've done it both ways, wood screws, drill an appropriate size pilot hole or machine screws with a nut like they did for your metal board. One thing you want to do is thread the flange back on the shutter, then determine how you want to orientate the shutter and mark the top of the flange. This way once the flange is installed on the board the shutter will be in the correct position when you thread it back on.

Roger

I took the flange off the old lens board. The holes in the flange seem like a #4 screw might be a good fit, so I ordered from Home Depot a bunch of 4 x3/8 wood screws. Cost was $3.33.