Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to find a [scarce view camera]?

Where to find a [scarce view camera]?

I owned a [ ] and regret selling it. I’ve decide to replace it with a [ ]. Aside from eBay, where else can I search for one of these rare gems? I posted an ad here on the WTB forum. I reached out to [dealers who used to carry the camera] to see if they had any leads but came up dry.

Any suggestions on where to search is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Where to find a [scarce view camera]?

There are no magic places to find scarce LF items. All that one can do is closely monitor relevant sales venues - eBay and other auction sites that list photographic equipment here and abroad, discussion board FS listings, and used equipment listings of dealers that sell LF equipment - and place WTB notices in places frequented by LF users.

Please don't start threads outside of WTB that say "I'm looking for X and nobody has responded to my WTB thread yet". That amounts to re-posting the WTB thread for X outside of the WTB subforum. General discussion of places to search for LF equipment - identifying venues that are likely to carry LF items - is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    There are no magic places to find scarce LF items. All that one can do is closely monitor relevant sales venues - eBay and other auction sites that list photographic equipment here and abroad, discussion board FS listings, and used equipment listings of dealers that sell LF equipment - and place WTB notices in places frequented by LF users.
    I was hoping those here with more experience than me could point me in the direction of some specific places I could search.

Discussion boards besides here:
    Photrio
    Rangefinder Forum
    GetDPI

eBay - search both in the US and on foreign eBay sites
    Yahoo Japan (https://buyee.jp/item/search/category/2084041680)

Dealers that often have at least some used LF equipment, and that I've observed to at least occasionally carry relatively high-end LF items:

KEH
    UsedPhotoPro (Roberts)
    B&H
    National Camera Exchange
    Camera West
    Ffordes (UK)
    Teamwork Photo (UK)
    Greiner (Germany)

That's off the top of my head. I'm sure others can add more.

But you need to be very thorough and persistent in searching. I've seen many items go by on eBay even as people are posting on forums that the items never show up on eBay.

And you need to be patient. I've sometimes purchased a camera I wanted only after watching and waiting a few years it to turn up. Set aside the necessary funds and be prepared to act immediately when what you want shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlmullins View Post
    I was hoping those here with more experience than me could point me in the direction of some specific places I could search.
    Samy’s Camera

Great thank you so much! This is very helpful as I've not heard of most of these places and wouldn't have even considered trying any other forums aside from these.

igorcamera.com

The for sale section (occasions) at http://www.galerie-photo.info/forumgp/. You don't have to sign up to browse.

https://buyee.jp/yahoo/auction?lang=en buyee is a window into yahoo.jp's for sale listings. Its front page is in English, it will translate listings.

Not to be a complete idiot, but have you tried Google advanced search? https://www.google.com/advanced_search I suggest it because it has found several items I was looking for at very good prices, also because it will search sites. Easier than scrolling through pages and pages and ...

I see Dan mentioned Igor. I just bought some stuff from him last week. I'm a frequent customer and, since he is in 'the business' he seem to have leads on finding things that are not currently in his inventory.

I guess OP didn't check eBay...
    Tin Can

You can easily find a [ ] at [ ], and cheaply.