Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone made a purchase through the Chamonix View Camera Instagram account

Re: Has anyone made a purchase through the Chamonix View Camera Instagram account

Quote Originally Posted by John Hartman View Post
    Thanks for the responses, Hugo contacted me and I'm now on his waiting list and excited about the Chamonix. Now I have to decide if I'm selling the Intrepid Black or keeping it for very lightweight trips up the mountain or down the Canyon.
    I've used both the Chamonix 5x7 horizontal and the 4x5 for mountain trips.If I worked in 8x10 i'd get the Alpinist If it were me..... i'd sell the Intrepid....but then, i've dragged a Deardorff 8x10 around the mountains too. Best of luck!

Foamer

Re: Has anyone made a purchase through the Chamonix View Camera Instagram account

The Chamonix is very light. I don't see need for keeping two similar cameras.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Quote Originally Posted by nbagno View Post
    What did Hugo say about the IG account?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hugo just said the he owns the Chamonix View Camera website and "Marcus and Instagram has nothing to do with us."

Hugo just said the he owns the Chamonix View Camera website and "Marcus and Instagram has nothing to do with us."
    Nothing to do with Hugo, but he is absolutely affiliated with Chamonix. The IG account is not grey market. He has full blessing from Chamonix's owner to sell the cameras.

Thanks for the responses, Hugo contacted me and I'm now on his waiting list and excited about the Chamonix. Now I have to decide if I'm selling the Intrepid Black or keeping it for very lightweight trips up the mountain or down the Canyon.
    I wonder which Chamonix you bought then. I can’t imagine that an Intrepid is lighter by any relevant amount

Quote Originally Posted by otto.f View Post
    I wonder which Chamonix you bought then. I can’t imagine that an Intrepid is lighter by any relevant amount
    The Intrepid is significantly lighter. 1000 grams vs 1600 grams. That's a little over a pound and that doesn't make much difference when combined with a full sized tripod, 3-4 lenses, 5-6 film holders, a filter set, a light meter, etc. but consider this:

The Intrepid, an Optar 90mm, 1 loaded Toyo film holder, a cable release and a little ultra-pod tripod makes a complete rig that weights less than just the Chamonix 45F-2 (1580g on my kitchen scale). That's a weight I can justify taking on nearly hike. Would an extra pound matter in that scenario? I'm not sure, maybe, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by blue4130 View Post
    Nothing to do with Hugo, but he is absolutely affiliated with Chamonix. The IG account is not grey market. He has full blessing from Chamonix's owner to sell the cameras.
    How do you know that? Not trying to be a smart-ass, I'm genuinely asking. I'm trying to do my due-diligence here but I don't understand the relationship between these various entities. I'm not sure what is the "official" channel through which to buy one of these cameras and I'm not sure what that means to the me the buyer.
    When I had questions about my Intrepid, I emailed through the website and I talked to the guy that builds the camera. Who is Marcus? Who is Hugo? Who is selling the "unauthorized" cameras on ebay? Who are these 8 craftsman building the cameras? Who is this mysterious unnamed founder/mountaineer/photographer? What is everyones relationship to the company and each other?

How do you know that? Not trying to be a smart-ass, I'm genuinely asking. I'm trying to do my due-diligence here but I don't understand the relationship between these various entities. I'm not sure what is the "official" channel through which to buy one of these cameras and I'm not sure what that means to the me the buyer.
    When I had questions about my Intrepid, I emailed through the website and I talked to the guy that builds the camera. Who is Marcus? Who is Hugo? Who is selling the "unauthorized" cameras on ebay? Who are these 8 craftsman building the cameras? Who is this mysterious unnamed founder/mountaineer/photographer? What is everyones relationship to the company and each other?

I was sitting at the coffee shop with Marcos and the "mysterious unnamed founder/mountaineer/photographer" as they discussed some business deals. I've known Marcos for a number of years. He invited me to meet the owner and I couldn't pass it up. I am not going to go into the relationship between all parties, I think it would be best left to them talking about that with you. Marcos is easy to get a hold of, as is Hugo. From what I know, both will give you great service.

I bought from Hugo Zhang and glad I did

I would never buy anything on Instagram

As i don't want to deal with FB or IG in any way, nor add to their domination of Politics
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I bought from Hugo Zhang and glad I did
    Second that. I've bought 3 cameras from him in the past and each time a most pleasant buying experience. FYI: the packing of the international shipments were excellent plus in my opinion.
    Greg