Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone made a purchase through the Chamonix View Camera Instagram account

Re: Has anyone made a purchase through the Chamonix View Camera Instagram account

Hugo has surpassed his reputation. My new 45F-2 is already in my hands. I'm very glad both that I bought this camera and bought it from Hugo, thanks to everyone that gave me any advice.

I do want to stress that there's nothing wrong with the Intrepid, I think they make a really incredible product for the money. I'm just a person that really responds to the tactile interactions with the camera. It's silly but it's one of the things that gets me out into the field especially on days when I'm not otherwise inspired. The Intrepid doesn't lack features or movements but everything feels somewhat toy-like. The Chamonix feels great in the hand, everything is well finished, the controls are all very smooth with the right amount of weight to them. I don't expect the Chamonix will improve my pictures but I will probably take more of them. Thanks Hugo!

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Re: Has anyone made a purchase through the Chamonix View Camera Instagram account

Quote Originally Posted by John Hartman View Post
    How do you know that? Not trying to be a smart-ass, I'm genuinely asking. I'm trying to do my due-diligence here but I don't understand the relationship between these various entities. I'm not sure what is the "official" channel through which to buy one of these cameras and I'm not sure what that means to the me the buyer.
    When I had questions about my Intrepid, I emailed through the website and I talked to the guy that builds the camera. Who is Marcus? Who is Hugo? Who is selling the "unauthorized" cameras on ebay? Who are these 8 craftsman building the cameras? Who is this mysterious unnamed founder/mountaineer/photographer? What is everyones relationship to the company and each other?
    Can anyone here answer those questions?

Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    Can anyone here answer those questions?
    I can only answer one of your questions. Hugo is a friend of mine - he is essentially the US rep for Chamonix and lives in the Los Angeles area. You can order any Chamonix equipment directly through him. He also is a stand up guy and very accomplished large format photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dozer View Post
    I can only answer one of your questions. Hugo is a friend of mine - he is essentially the US rep for Chamonix and lives in the Los Angeles area. You can order any Chamonix equipment directly through him. He also is a stand up guy and very accomplished large format photographer.
    What Dan said...... two happy cameras later