Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone made a purchase through the Chamonix View Camera Instagram account

Has anyone made a purchase through the Chamonix View Camera Instagram account

Hi, I want to replace my Intrepid with a Chamonix but the website lists them as sold out with a note that there may be more available at the end of September. I couldn't find any way to reach out to them through the website so i sent a DM to the Instagram account, I got a response offering to sell me one via a paypal invoice. So that's great. For some reason I can't put my finger on it seems slightly sketchy. I know the Ebay sellers seem to be "grey-market" at best and I want to make sure the instagram account is associated with the official website and not the Ebay dealers.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Also Hi, my name is John I live in Flagstaff and I've been reading the forum on and off for the better part of the last year but this is my first post.

Re: Has anyone made a purchase through the Chamonix View Camera Instagram account

Email hugo zhang at hugoz_2000@yahoo.com. Have bought several Chamonix cameras from/through him and can recommend dealing with/through him 200%. He's a member of the FORUM and a really nice and honest person to deal with.

Re: Has anyone made a purchase through the Chamonix View Camera Instagram account

Agree - double check with him.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Thanks for the responses, Hugo contacted me and I'm now on his waiting list and excited about the Chamonix. Now I have to decide if I'm selling the Intrepid Black or keeping it for very lightweight trips up the mountain or down the Canyon.

Hugo is indeed the man.
    Peter Collins

On the intent of the First Amendment: The press was to serve the governed, not the governors --Opinion, Hugo Black, Judge, Supreme Court, 1971 re the "Pentagon Papers."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Collins View Post
    Hugo is indeed the man.
    Indeed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Hartman View Post
    Hi, I want to replace my Intrepid with a Chamonix but the website lists them as sold out with a note that there may be more available at the end of September. I couldn't find any way to reach out to them through the website so i sent a DM to the Instagram account, I got a response offering to sell me one via a paypal invoice. So that's great. For some reason I can't put my finger on it seems slightly sketchy. I know the Ebay sellers seem to be "grey-market" at best and I want to make sure the instagram account is associated with the official website and not the Ebay dealers.

Also Hi, my name is John I live in Flagstaff and I've been reading the forum on and off for the better part of the last year but this is my first post.
    If it is Marcos that you are dealing with on IG, I can say that he is 100% legit and an upstanding guy. I've known him personally for many years.

What did Hugo say about the IG account?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses, Hugo contacted me and I'm now on his waiting list and excited about the Chamonix. Now I have to decide if I'm selling the Intrepid Black or keeping it for very lightweight trips up the mountain or down the Canyon.
    Chamonix has backpacking foldable cameras as well.

Hi, I want to replace my Intrepid with a Chamonix .... and I want to make sure the instagram account is associated with the official website and not the Ebay dealers.

John, I've bought 2 Chamonix cameras as well as accessories by directly contacting Hugo Zhang. He's your best connection. hugoz_2000@yahoo.com