Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8x10 film holder case

Re: 8x10 film holder case

It little pricey ($130), but it has 2" of foam padding and it can hold up to 16" of 8x10 holders (probably 15 to 18 holders). I would prefer to see one and toss the holders in before I'd commit. But a couple of them for my 8x10 holders on a long road trip would be sweet. https://rticoutdoors.com/shop/cooler...ft-Pack-40-Tan

Another possibility, holds 6.5 inches of 8x10 holders -- 8 or 9 holders probably:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...icu.html/specs
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Eric Woodbury

I use a Trader Joe insulated shopping bag with zipper across the top. Wife found it at the thrift store.

Look at the Winco 12x12x12" insulated Pizza delivery bags. I use the Zone VI for 6 holders, the Winco holds around 14 holders. There are a number of other sizes for less holders. There is a thread on this forum on that. Luis

Thrift stores have long been my friend. My wife drags me on a tour of thrift shops from time to time and before finding an easy chair I always check out the luggage section. Once in a while there is something that I can use. Over the years I have acquired three high quality leather art portfolios that I now use for storing and displaying unmounted prints. My 8x10 holders have a home in a shoulder bag designed for file folders. Doesn't look like anything related to photography or computers either. I prefer to keep my stuff in less obvious bags . . .and they are inexpensive compared to new-bought photo-dedicated bags.

On the other hand, I used to know a professional wedding photographer (OK not LFP) who pointed out to me that when at a wedding event, he had to project an image of being a top-end working professional. So all his bags on location were name-brand, some times trendy items.
    Last edited by Drew Bedo; 23-Sep-2020 at 11:08.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

I have one of these from ebay. I don't like the yellow lettering and it is a tight fit but works well.

-Joshua

I got a PhotoBackpacker "Cascade" 8x10 accordion wrap for Christmas one year. I have never used it as I haqve not done any 8x10 photography in the field for several years. Give that a look. They are discontinued now but someone may offer one up if you ask on the "Want-To-Buy" forum.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

I use a generic laptop bag that holds 3 or 4 DDS film holders
    Brass is a metal alloy, not a lens type - MichaelE

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jacketch/

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    I got a PhotoBackpacker "Cascade" 8x10 accordion wrap for Christmas one year. I have never used it as I haqve not done any 8x10 photography in the field for several years. Give that a look. They are discontinued now but someone may offer one up if you ask on the "Want-To-Buy" forum.
    They are not discontinued. Check "Community" section under "Forum: For Sale - Member-made LF Gear and Accessories" Post: "New Batch of Cascade Film Holder Cases in 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10"
    Bruce

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Dunn View Post
    I have one of these from ebay. I don't like the yellow lettering and it is a tight fit but works well.

-Joshua
    That's a good case. I bought the 10 holder version to store my 10 holders in and Toyo holders, which are a tad longer than other holders, will fit in the sleeves although it becomes necessary to juggle the 9th and 10 holder a little to get the 10th to slide in. It's possible to carry this over your shoulder or attached to the backpack but carrying 10 holders the field is way too heavy for me and overkill since I rarely shoot more than 3. For carrying up to 5 holders in the field I use a "MC Photo" 8x10 case which will hold up to 5 holders. It doesn't have dividers like the KingRinpoche but it is padded and constructed of the same or similar material and neatly slides into the outer pocket of the Lowepro Supper Trekker which is large enough to pack the MII, several lens, and tripod.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by John Earley View Post
    I use a generic laptop bag that holds 3 or 4 DDS film holders
    I use one for 11x14 holders -- one does not often see laptops that big anymore.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China