Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 8x10 film holder case

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Armentor1

8x10 film holder case

good afternoon all,
    I"m wondering if someone can point me in the direction of a carrying case for 6 or so 8x10 film holders? I can't seem to find the zone VI nor f64 outside of 4x5.

thanks
    Dave

Re: 8x10 film holder case

Photographer

I have an old laptop case that holds several 8x10 filmholders. You might find such at thrift shops.
    Keith Pitman

David Schaller

Look into cheap laptop cases. I think mine are Eagle Creek.

Armentor1

huh, really surprised that the Zone VI ones are so hard to find. I'll move in laptop bag direction for now -thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by armentor1@mac.com View Post
    huh, really surprised that the Zone VI ones are so hard to find. I'll move in laptop bag direction for now -thanks for the help
    I’m even more shocked that the f64 is nowhere to be found in 8x10... more so because I bought one not that long ago.... weird.

One can also check for soft-sided insulated bags. Mine hold five to six 8x10 holders each...zippered top. I checked the company's site...nothing quite as simple as what I have.

This bag is kinda of fun. Two compartments -- one for exposed film? A little over-kill and people will think you are on your way to a pot luck. https://arcticzone.com/collections/m...hermal-carrier

Edited to add link to one of a nicer color:

https://arcticzone.com/products/food...9-L1d9yI5f6ALU
    Last edited by Vaughn; 15-Sep-2020 at 12:18.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    One can also check for soft-sided insulated bags. Mine hold five to six 8x10 holders each...zippered top. I checked the company's site...nothing quite as simple as what I have.

This bag is kinda of fun. Two compartments -- one for exposed film? A little over-kill and people will think you are on your way to a pot luck. https://arcticzone.com/collections/m...hermal-carrier
    Pretty cool... also seems like it will insulate somewhat from e.g. the car temperature if you’re keeping exposed slides there during a multi day trip...

The cooler bags I have perfectly fit the 8x10 holders, inside measurements are 13" high, 9.5+" wide and 5" deep. I had an ancient hard-sided ice chest that those bags would fit right in to. So double-insulated in the van. I'd open the ice chest at night if the nights were cold. Need to find a replacement, but sizes and shapes of ice chests have morphred over the years.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Found this on eBay.uk. I was able to order one shipped to San Francisco. https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/27024683948 Pricey when you add shipping and the exchange rate but I have been looking for a bag like this for a long time. About 107 usd to SF when it’s all said and done.

Roger