Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eTone focusing cloths - opinions?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

eTone focusing cloths - opinions?

Hi all -

I'm ready to move on from my winter fleece jacket/dark cloth and am considering the eTone focusing cloth (for example, https://www.ebay.com/itm/273821001161). Anyone have experience with one of these?

Thanks,
    Scott

Re: eTone focusing cloths - opinions?

No experience. Why not use proven dark cloths like the Harrison? At $60-some bucks it’s hardly more expensive than these unknown (to me at least) options.

I own 1 in a larger size for 5x7/ 8x10. I am very happy with it.

They are well constructed with a durable material that has a nice weight to it (while not being too heavy to add much weight in the bag or too light to constantly flap in the wind). They had a sale going on at the time I purchased mine.

Hi all -

I'm ready to move on from my winter fleece jacket/dark cloth and am considering the eTone focusing cloth (for example, https://www.ebay.com/itm/273821001161). Does anyone have experience with one of these?
    I think that you should check out this article https://directloantransfer.com/blog/...-need-to-know/ for some info on how to lease a car with a bad credit score
    Thanks,
    Scott
    I do not recommend you buy it
    first of all its really overpriced
    secondary, you can just use your jacket to cover you up or a simple piece of cloth that's worth 5 bucks
    Last edited by samlrs; 22-Sep-2020 at 08:48.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

I find a Dracula cape works well, plus you can scare away little kids who get too curious. (And I always feel more creative when speaking in a bad Transylvanian accent...)
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Quote Originally Posted by Scott -- View Post
    Hi all -

I'm ready to move on from my winter fleece jacket/dark cloth and am considering the eTone focusing cloth (for example, https://www.ebay.com/itm/273821001161). Anyone have experience with one of these?
    Hi Scott,

I like this dark cloth. I use it every time without thinking, it's never in the way. It protects the camera from the weather. When it's hot it's pretty cool. When it's cold it keeps the wind away. Rain doesn't come through at first. But I use an umbrella anyway. It's not too big, so it doesn't flutter much in the wind. You can tie it up. You can wrap the camera in this dark cloth. Then you will not have to use a Novoflex wrap. You can use the cloth as a padding, too.

It weighs a lot, about 800g. When I depend on lightweight equipment, it stays at home because I prefer to use my fleece vest or the soft shell then.

Price: really good things are bought only once in a lifetime. I have been using the cloth regularly for several years now. So far I did not need another one.

I hope this helps.

Drew Wiley

I use black Goretex fabric - waterproof, breathable, lightweight, no lint, and very durable. It amazes me that no one has offered this option commercially. Goretex yardage in black is hard to find, but does exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    I use black Goretex fabric - waterproof, breathable, lightweight, no lint, and very durable. It amazes me that no one has offered this option commercially. Goretex yardage in black is hard to find, but does exist.
    This?
    https://www.rockywoods.com/FABRICS/A...x%C2%AE?page=2

The major problem is that it doesn't cover the bellows. This may not be a problem with a new camera,but one which has been owned and used for 25-75 years, or more, may well need this help.