Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goerz Doppel Anastigmat Serie III No 7 360mm f6 COVERAGE or lens catalogue

Goerz Doppel Anastigmat Serie III No 7 360mm f6 COVERAGE or lens catalogue

I just wanna have some information about the Goerz Doppel Anastigmat Serie III No 7 360mm f6 , especially the image circle i.e. "Coverage"

Thanks a lot

Re: Goerz Doppel Anastigmat Serie III No 7 360mm f6 COVERAGE or lens catalogue

Thanks, but I'd rather just watch:
    Large format: http://flickr.com/michaeldarnton
    Mostly 35mm: http://flickr.com/mdarnton
    You want digital, color, etc?: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradofear

On my 11x14 Chamonix I have and use a 14” f/7.7 GOERTZ DOUBLE-ANASTIGMAT Series III No. 7. Its coverage seems to exceed the movements of the camera, in that I've never run out of needed movements with it.

Maxi, see post #2 in this https://www.largeformatphotography.i...omatic-Shutter discussion.

It's a f7.7 lens and should cover all the way to 12x20.

MAybe itīs the first one of those lenses, but mine looks a little bit different... there is also doesnīt written f7.7 on the lens, just "Doppel Anastigmat Serie III No 7 360"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2784.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	207776

Name:	IMG_2785.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	207777

Name:	IMG_2786.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	207778

This is my lens

It's a great lens. That is an early example. Likely with a different aperture scale. Dagors tend not to be super sharp wide open. You'll need to stop it down a bit for sharpness across the field. Wide open it's a nice portrait lens for 8x10. You can also use one half of the lens as a 24 or so inch lens.

Quote Originally Posted by karl french View Post
    It's a great lens. That is an early example. Likely with a different aperture scale. Dagors tend not to be super sharp wide open. You'll need to stop it down a bit for sharpness across the field. Wide open it's a nice portrait lens for 8x10. You can also use one half of the lens as a 24 or so inch lens.
    Thanks for the tip
    But do you know if it is really usable on 20x24 inch? This would be so great, because then I would have a wide angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    On my 11x14 Chamonix I have and use a 14” f/7.7 GOERTZ DOUBLE-ANASTIGMAT Series III No. 7. Its coverage seems to exceed the movements of the camera, in that I've never run out of needed movements with it.
    Maybe you can take a look at my pictures, to check if the lens looks like your one