Thread: An Idiot looking for press on filter

An Idiot looking for press on filter

Hey guys. It's been a while since I've been on the forum. I figure I would check in with the gurus.

I've been shooting with my Busch Pressman for a while now, and I've reached a point where I want to try my hand at doing "large" format long exposure shooting.

I put large in quotes because in reality I'm using a 120 6x9cm roll back on this pressman.

In my pursuit of this particular avenue of photography, I have come to the conclusion that I should get myself a few ND filters. However, finding those filters I need has become a bit... difficult. I've tried a few of the better known shops, like KEH and B&H, as well as a few local shops that have some hard to find stuff, but so far no luck.

So, I turn to you guys, and your expertise.

You see, I don't have any threads on the outside of my lens, and so I figure i need a "Press-on" type of filter. The lens is a 105mm Voigtlander Color-Skopar with an outside ring measurement of 37mm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZV93sj8 - Imgur.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	222635

Do you happen to know if someone makes a press-on to threaded adaptor, or perhaps may carry a set of press on ND filters in that size?

thanks in advance!

Re: An Idiot looking for press on filter

Plenty of companies made press on filter adapters----Kodak Wratten and Ednalite comes to mind, but there were others. You need to know the OD of your lens and find the Series that will fit
    This might help you get started, and according to this link (B+w?)still offers them but who really knows for certain?
    https://www.apotelyt.com/photo-accessory/series-filters
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Hi,

you could check out vintage Slip-on and Aufsteckfilter (A37) in 37mm on german Ebay.
    Zeiss-Ikon or Lifa made high quality ones.
    Sure ND's are not as common as yellow...

Jens

Small town, South Carolina, US

Buy a slip on adapter size 1 1/2", for series VI filters. It can be adjusted for the 37mm lens.
    Use series VI filters or glue a 40.5 filter ring inside and use 40.5 filters.

I have done that.

SK Grimes makes a slip on filter adapter that will allow use of standard threaded filters.

Quote Originally Posted by knjkrock View Post
    SK Grimes makes a slip on filter adapter that will allow use of standard threaded filters.
    That's what I have done for my Kodak Ektar Commercial Lenses. It was worth it.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Write to Tim at FilterFind.net. He probably can fix you up with adapter and filters. Many of the old Series polarizers, however, often show separation damage so be patient and selective when buying. Hopefully you can settle on an adapter that can use modern sized filters and avoid that problem.For the size you measured, either Series VI or VII are options. It seems easier, for some readon, to find better ND filters in Series VII size, though.

All good leads. I will start with these and go from there.

Thanks guys!