Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with lens board for Chamonix 45-n2

Need help with lens board for Chamonix 45-n2

Which lens board will fit both the Chamonix and a Single coated 90mm Super Angulon f8 lens?...other than the carbon fiber Chamonix board....I have read that both the flat Wista and Linhof boards will work correct ? I want to be sure to get the correct board...being new to 4x5 I want to be sure what will fit ......thanks !
    Gary P
    Gary Pikarsky

Re: Need help with lens board for Chamonix 45-n2

The SA 90mm f8 needs a copal 0 size hole. Other than that you need a lens board that measures 99x96mm which are linhof type. Therefore linhof, shen hao, wista and several others will fit. If you can wait 2 weeks you can purchase them very cheaply from luland, top notch CNC product for $14.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Luland-Linh...YAAOSwWSZasMAI

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi7475 View Post
    The SA 90mm f8 needs a copal 0 size hole.
    But some early versions use a 00 shutter.
    Mine has serial number 5247290 and is mounted in a Synchro Compur 00 shutter.
    So you may need to check up on the size of the hole

The Chamonix takes Technika-style boards, which are available in the original from Linhof and from several other after-market manufacturers, including Wista, Gaoersi and others (including lots of Chinese knock-offs). All you need to do is find the shutter size for your lens (#0 or #00 as mentioned above) and get a board with the right-size hole.

If your camera has the "universal" bellows, a flat board will likely work just fine. If not, you may want to look for a recessed board, after making sure, of course, that your camera will accept one (I'm not sure about the Chamonix cameras).

FWIW, all my 90mm and shorter lenses are mounted on recessed boards and really help with applying movements (especially rise when needed) with my Wista and other field cameras. I don't have a Chamonix though...

Best,

Doremus

I find recessed boards hard to use. The aperture and the coking shutter dials tend to overlap and becomes fiddly to get your fingers in there. It’s not required for the Chamonix with standard bellows. I don’t even need it with a 75mm. It’s easy enough to move the rear standard forward too (not needed for 90mm). I would not recommend it for the 90mm but it’s a matter of opinion/taste.

I find recessed boards hard to use. The aperture and the coking shutter dials tend to overlap and becomes fiddly to get your fingers in there. It’s not required for the Chamonix with standard bellows. I don’t even need it with a 75mm. It’s easy enough to move the rear standard forward too (not needed for 90mm). I would not recommend it for the 90mm but it’s a matter of opinion/taste.
    Not true of all recessed boards:

Look at the 001015 LInhof recessed comfort board. All controls and scales are on the flat part of the board.

Need help with lens board for Chamonix 45-n2

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Not true of all recessed boards:

Look at the 001015 LInhof recessed comfort board. All controls and scales are on the flat part of the board.
    $700 are you serious???? :-)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bhp...ocket.html/amp

Or about half that at today's exchange rate from Linhof & Studio: https://www.linhofstudio.com/product...board_with_QRS

Plus they have it in stock. Well you would have to pay shipping while at that price B&H would ship for free. If you're in California the sales tax B&H will collect will probably be more than shipping from Linhof & Studio.

David

It eliminates all of your complaints about recessed boards.
    There is a cure for those complaints!

My 58mm sits on a flat lens board when I use the N-2. The universal bellows must be moved a bit, though.

Sent fra min SM-G975F via Tapatalk